Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    @Rose... it's somewhat interesting how Amazon stock's their warehouses. You first send it into a central warehouse... since I'm based in the midwest it appears the closest 'intake' warehouse is Joliet, IL. Once your product hits that warehouse it gets re-distributed all across the US. As a seller, I don't know where those warehouses are, nor where the inventory resides. That's Amazon secret sauces... the put the product where they will most likely sell the product. It's certainly been a learning experience

BIC
    I just made my pour over with the coffee, sunrise valley coffee / Breakfast blend.

I am super disappointed ! it is not micro lot, specialty coffee :+(
    Just kidding... ha ha ha

HONESTLY, IT IS A DARN GOOD COFFEE FOR THE MONEY. As Mike from Sunrise Valley said, it is not over 85, but I got to say it is a SOLID 83/84.

VERY WELL ROASTED, PERFECT MEDIUM ROAST, VERY EVEN SIZE BEANS without any defective beans. (again, great roasting ! )

As soon as I opened the bag, I was surprisingly welcomed by great aroma. As mike said, it has some good body and low acidity.
    VERY PLEASANT TO DRINK ANY TIME OF THE DAY.
    I was able to pick out some good flavors, even though they were slightly muted by Brazil / Peru beans.
    By the way, I am going to buy some Sunrise blend as soon as I come back from Guatemala and try it again. I have a feeling that I really will like Sunrise blend, being Guatemala + Colombian only. I believe that would be a perfect coffee to begin my day, early in the morning.

it is 2 pounds of great coffee at $25.99 (no shipping if you have Prime).
    I am not just being nice here. it is a great deal and great coffee for the money.

Thanks Mike for the coffee.
    PS: I really like the package. very classy and well done.

Sunrise Valley Coffee - New to Amazon-69718644_2455806578036457_912253871168946176_n.jpgSunrise Valley Coffee - New to Amazon-69356518_2455806554703126_6905658880496238592_n.jpgSunrise Valley Coffee - New to Amazon-69324856_2455806528036462_5019299253999108096_n.jpgSunrise Valley Coffee - New to Amazon-69505955_2455806501369798_4382158555197734912_n.jpgSunrise Valley Coffee - New to Amazon-68749876_2455806478036467_818797998443069440_n.jpg
    Last edited by BIC; 08-24-2019 at 06:21 PM.

How does it compare to the one you ordered last time, Lavazza one?

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Lavazza is around 77. that was a good coffee FOR $4.99. But I can not really say it was a good coffee.
    but Sunrise valley is pretty good. !

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    about Lavazza, I think that coffee is lower altitude coffee, soft coffee. (in Guatemala, we call it Extra Prime. the goods ones are called " strictly hard".)
    it was cleanly processed and decently roasted, but taste is very plain. no special flavors, everything was muted.
    but again, $4.99? for people who does not know much about coffee, yes, they will definitely love the price.

BIC
    hi mike.
    one question for you.
    wouldn't it be too much to ask to put "roasting date" on your package? (a sticker on the bag?)

I am sure that you have thought about it when you made this Sunrise Valley brand, but that would really help for consumer to decide on buying your coffee from Amazon, if your roasting date is reasonably fresh enough....

For me, that is the first thing I look when I buy coffee from Amazon or any other shops.

a story : a couple of years ago, I found a 12 oz real Kona coffee (not blend) from coffee bean & tea leaf coffee shop. (it is a huge franchise coffee shop).
    it was $24.99, i think. it wasn't a vacuum packed. Just a normal coffee bag. it did not have the roasting date, but it had an expiration date. I do not remember what that mon/year was, but it was about two years when I looked at the coffee. TWO YEARS! Kona. 12 oz at $24.99

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Now I'm curious . . . . Which warehouse do you send the coffee to? They have them all across the country.

I've never personally known anyone who has provided a product through Amazon. You're the first!

Good luck with your new adventure.~ Rose
    I am curious myself to learn how this goes...glad Alex gave a two mugs up!

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    hi mike.
    one question for you.
    wouldn't it be too much to ask to put "roasting date" on your package? (a sticker on the bag?)

I am sure that you have thought about it when you made this Sunrise Valley brand, but that would really help for consumer to decide on buying your coffee from Amazon, if your roasting date is reasonably fresh enough....

For me, that is the first thing I look when I buy coffee from Amazon or any other shops.

a story : a couple of years ago, I found a 12 oz real Kona coffee (not blend) from coffee bean & tea leaf coffee shop. (it is a huge franchise coffee shop).
    it was $24.99, i think. it wasn't a vacuum packed. Just a normal coffee bag. it did not have the roasting date, but it had an expiration date. I do not remember what that mon/year was, but it was about two years when I looked at the coffee. TWO YEARS! Kona. 12 oz at $24.99

Hi BIC - Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the coffee.

in lieu of a roast date the package has a best by date... for simplicity, I selected a year from roast date to make it easy to identify the roast date. Amazon has significant labeling guidelines and was the best solution for a number of reasons.

I am shocked to see they have different delivery times.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothfast View Post
    I am shocked to see they have different delivery times.
    What do you mean? I'm not sure I understand your comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links