Sunrise Valley Coffee - New to Amazon

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hello Coffee Forum People!

As many of you know I'm a long-time contributor to this forum and owner of Encore Coffee Company. We are small coffee roaster based out of the suburbs of Kansas City. Our Encore line of coffees will remain roast-to-order via our direct website and will focus on single-origin coffees. While our SVC line is focused on a limited number of blends / 2lb bags and exclusive to Amazon. Please consider supporting me if you buy off amazon or typically a grocery store purchaser! I appreciate any and all support!

Mike

==================

We are excited to launch a new brand of coffee exclusive to Amazon! If your one of the 95 million US Amazon Prime subscribers our coffees ship for FREE! We offer all of our 2lbs bags of coffee for only $25.99!! Check out our selection of signature blends, and we also have decaf for our caffeine-free friends.

www.sunrisevalleycoffee.com

Daybreak Blend (Dark Roast) https://amzn.to/2KNC8gn
Breakfast Blend (Medium Roast) https://amzn.to/2Hc2pEb
Sunrise Blend (Medium Roast) https://amzn.to/2YVlHIP
Sundown Decaf (Medium Roast) https://amzn.to/2KE1Wgc

SRV_All_AmazonBig2_FB.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
by the way, mike, in Amazon link, it says Guatemalan & Colombian blend, but I need a lot more information than that,... ha ha ha (since I am a green bean seller from Guatemala :+)

so, if you can and if possible, can you give us more detailed information? such as how you have mixed the two coffees, (what % of each) and why you have done that way, and what flavors (cupping profile) that blends bring...etc

probably, most of our members do not need that kind of information, but still it would be really helpful.

thanks again.

I was wondering about a few things of those details, also.

I also wonder if the coffee is pre-packaged and shipped through the Amazon warehouses, or if it is shipped directly after it's roasted ? When the website says that there are only a few left, it always makes me wonder.

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
@BIC - thank you! I'm working from home today so I don't have the recipes % off the top of my head... the Sunrise blend is primarily a Guatemalan blend it was 70-75% and 25% Colombian. Both are washed coffees. The Guat is from the Santa Rosa region, Colombia from Medellin. Sunrise is focused on that classic Guat profile, nice chocolatey notes. I add in the Colombian to add a touch of brightness/acidity.

Breakfast Blend is the same Colombian and the focus on this blend ... its somewhere around 60-65%. I add a touch of Peru to add some sweetness, and a touch of Brazil to add body.

This brand is geared towards blends, and at a lower price - most of these will cup out low/mid-80's. Still specialty grade, but not on the higher end but the price is reflective.

---

@Rose It is stocked and shipped from Amazon. All of this coffee was roasted on August 6th. The reason you see limited supply is because my second shipment is stuck in UPS land somewhere in Illinois. It's very difficult to manage roast dates via Amazon...its one of the downsizes to people wanted next day or delivery at a reasonable price.

If anyone does purchase... I would appreciate a kind review on Amazon... new sellers get killed without reviews and its hard to get reviews as a start up brand. Hit me up if you have other questions!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
@rose - any time you see fulfilled by amazon - that is a product stocked in their warehouse and they ship..

Now I'm curious . . . . Which warehouse do you send the coffee to? They have them all across the country.

I've never personally known anyone who has provided a product through Amazon. You're the first!

Good luck with your new adventure.

~ Rose

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
@Rose... it's somewhat interesting how Amazon stock's their warehouses. You first send it into a central warehouse... since I'm based in the midwest it appears the closest 'intake' warehouse is Joliet, IL. Once your product hits that warehouse it gets re-distributed all across the US. As a seller, I don't know where those warehouses are, nor where the inventory resides. That's Amazon secret sauces... the put the product where they will most likely sell the product. It's certainly been a learning experience :)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Now I'm curious . . . . Which warehouse do you send the coffee to? They have them all across the country.

I've never personally known anyone who has provided a product through Amazon. You're the first!

Good luck with your new adventure.~ Rose

I am curious myself to learn how this goes...glad Alex gave a two mugs up!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
hi mike.
one question for you.
wouldn't it be too much to ask to put "roasting date" on your package? (a sticker on the bag?)

I am sure that you have thought about it when you made this Sunrise Valley brand, but that would really help for consumer to decide on buying your coffee from Amazon, if your roasting date is reasonably fresh enough....

For me, that is the first thing I look when I buy coffee from Amazon or any other shops.

a story : a couple of years ago, I found a 12 oz real Kona coffee (not blend) from coffee bean & tea leaf coffee shop. (it is a huge franchise coffee shop).
it was $24.99, i think. it wasn't a vacuum packed. Just a normal coffee bag. it did not have the roasting date, but it had an expiration date. I do not remember what that mon/year was, but it was about two years when I looked at the coffee. TWO YEARS! Kona. 12 oz at $24.99

Hi BIC - Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the coffee.

in lieu of a roast date the package has a best by date... for simplicity, I selected a year from roast date to make it easy to identify the roast date. Amazon has significant labeling guidelines and was the best solution for a number of reasons.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Thanks Alex... it's been a learning experience for sure ... business is growing.

FORUM PEEPS - I could use the support :) Jump on Amazon and search for Sunrise Valley Coffee or sunrisevalleycoffee.com

Thx - Mike