Hello from Alabama

strangebrew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to be a member here so I could get information and opinions of others that have opened coffee shops. My brother and I are wanting to open one in our town. For those of you that have your own business can you give me any advice? How to get started? We found the perfect building. We need financing also. So, did you know going into the business all the equipment you needed and how to use them? I've never worked in a coffee shop before.
thanks in advance for your help!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "strangebrew"

Welcome! You've come to a great place to find information about opening a coffee shop.

If you go up to the right side of your screen at the top, you will find a search button. Just type in your topic (such as opening a coffee shop) and you will be directed to previously written questions and responses. Please take some time to explore those areas. And, of course, if you have any specific questions, feel free to post them when you're ready.

Rose

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Strangebrew;
Welcome and congratulations.
Pinkrose has given you some very good advice. Spend a few hours going through the site to view all the information that is available to help you on your journey.
Brian

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I think the reason why CanadianBrian said "Spend a few hours going through the site" is that once you start exploring this coffee forum, you will lose track of time, and before you know it, a few hours will have passed by. You'll wonder where the time went. Believe me, it happened to me several times when I first joined the Coffee Forum!

Have fun exploring, and don't forget to ask questions.

Rose

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to be a member here so I could get information and opinions of others that have opened coffee shops. My brother and I are wanting to open one in our town. For those of you that have your own business can you give me any advice? How to get started? We found the perfect building. We need financing also. So, did you know going into the business all the equipment you needed and how to use them? I've never worked in a coffee shop before.
thanks in advance for your help!

Hello
Welcome to the forum.You found out the perfect place for your will have great time over here. Why are you interested in opening and setting up a coffee shop if you have not worked there before? :coffee:

strangebrew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all and I will check out some of the info. I appreciate it. My brother and I have an awesome building we want to get and we both love coffee and want to go into business together. plus i have a disabled daughter and she could hang out there with us. I'm on disability also. We have lots of great ideas for a coffee shop. Just wondering if we will make enough to keep it a float. There are no coffee shops in our area. So that is a plus. I'm also into art and it would be a great place to share and sell my artwork. The art council is practically next door and they have alot of plays going on and we could get their business. Also it is the center of the folk festival every year. Its in the downtown area (small area) but there is traffic going thru and people working around the building we want. Financing and learning the business is the main thing I worry about right now. :)

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Other things you can check out are SCAA and other trade shows coming up in the next year. They are full of information. You will have to do alot of work to check out the viability of the shop but I know that this forum will have quite a few posts that can give you some guidance.
Brian

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all and I will check out some of the info. I appreciate it. My brother and I have an awesome building we want to get and we both love coffee and want to go into business together. plus i have a disabled daughter and she could hang out there with us. I'm on disability also. We have lots of great ideas for a coffee shop. Just wondering if we will make enough to keep it a float. There are no coffee shops in our area. So that is a plus. I'm also into art and it would be a great place to share and sell my artwork. The art council is practically next door and they have alot of plays going on and we could get their business. Also it is the center of the folk festival every year. Its in the downtown area (small area) but there is traffic going thru and people working around the building we want. Financing and learning the business is the main thing I worry about right now. :)

OMG, incredible settings which you just described. I am sure that anyone would love to visit your coffee shop as soon as it comes into the business. I mean, perfect building, good quality coffee, artwork, folk festival around, what else do you require ! Amazing.....
All the best for your shop. You will get superb ideas regarding your business from people here on this forum.
And last thing I want to mention is that I love your avatar. The message written on the cup of coffee says it all. Awesome ! :star::star: