Wanted to say thank you!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I wanted to say thank you to all my friends that I've made on here through out the years. I may have stepped down from Admin/Moderator to be a normal user again but I haven't left. I had a wonderful time helping the site but now its time to hand over my responsibilities to someone else. I hope this will challenge some of our newer members to step forward and ask for a greater role within the forum. Without the interaction between the staff and our users this is just another boring forum. I was part of a great team who took strides to make sure everyone's needs were being met. I will miss being part of that.

I will try to check in from time to time and will try to keep on posting. My life is ever changing but I will try to keep in touch. Thank you all for the good run, maybe when life slows down in the future I can return to helping out the staff.

Sincerely,
CCafe

Brook Havens

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey
I do not know you personally but I am touched reading your post. I just joined this forum some 2 months ago but I feel that it has become a kind of family for me and that is perhaps the actual beauty of this wonderful forum.
I will miss you being such an old member of this forum. Do keep posting occasionally of you get time and stay blessed.
:coffee1:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi CCafe, (Brook)

I am certianly going to miss having you around the Coffee Forum as an admininstrator, moderator, and forum friend. I hope you will continue to pay us a visit from time to time.

For many years, you shared your wisdom and understanding of the "world of coffee," with particular emphasis on a huge variety of coffee machines as well as their upkeep and repair. You helped a lot of people by having such a presence on the Coffee Forums, and we all should be THANKING YOU!

Best wishes,

Rose

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for everything you have done and for making this place what it is today! Hopefully you won't stray far and we will continue to make this place warm and cozy for all to enjoy :)

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
So Brook, where are your travels taking you now? Have you gone from coffee roaster to airplane builder?, round the world solo sailor?, astronaut in training?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
When I started on here I was just getting into the coffee world. I had been working in a coffee house running IT but hadn't done much with the coffee. Back in 2001 I got married and in 2006 we had our daughter. After that point things have started picking up to the point I don't have much time any more. In 2010 the espresso repair shop I had worked for since 2003 was purchased by a much larger one. At this point I started to take on more work load. So I'm driving all over the state of Iowa and fixing more. Before I was only driving about 20,000 miles each year. Now I'm up to roughly 40,000. Trying to free up time to spend with my family.