Greetings

KonaMonster

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Greetings, friends!
I am in the learning stage right now but I intend to open and successfully run a coffee shop. I am from a small town in Kentucky, which currently does not have a coffee shop. There is great demand for better quality and variety than McDonalds offers so I would like to turn my passion for good java into a business I can pass onto my children. I am studying entrepreneurship in college right now and really need to get an idea of what else I need to be learning. I want to do this right, so I have come with an open mind seeking advice. I am 27 years old, which may seem a little young for this type of business but I am very capable and I am determined to make this a reality. So I am very open to advice but I prefer constructive criticism. All I ask is to be afforded respect and I will certainly return the favor.
I look forward to conversing with you fine folks!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "KonaMonster"

Welcome to the coffee forums website. You will soon discover that you can find a lot of useful coffee-related information here.

As you explore the forum threads and get involved in the discussions, I'm sure you'll start to feel very comfortable asking questions and seeking advice from the experienced members of this forum. Please post your specific questions and comments in the various topic areas (or start new threads if you prefer). That way more people will see your posts and you'll have a better chance of getting a response.

I'm very glad you found the coffee Forum, and I hope you will visit us often.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Small town coffee

Greetings, friends!
I am in the learning stage right now but I intend to open and successfully run a coffee shop. I am from a small town in Kentucky, which currently does not have a coffee shop. There is great demand for better quality and variety than McDonalds offers so I would like to turn my passion for good java into a business I can pass onto my children. I am studying entrepreneurship in college right now and really need to get an idea of what else I need to be learning. I want to do this right, so I have come with an open mind seeking advice. I am 27 years old, which may seem a little young for this type of business but I am very capable and I am determined to make this a reality. So I am very open to advice but I prefer constructive criticism. All I ask is to be afforded respect and I will certainly return the favor.
I look forward to conversing with you fine folks!

Congrats... and welcome....
I currently own a coffee shop in very small town of about 10,000.
We do have some coffee chains in town but not in downtown area.

We are not super busy store but we are very happy with the volume we are doing.
I am currently working on second location and also the third.
I am hoping to turn our business to something more special....

Look forward chatting with you in the future....