hey there!

daneja72

Dec 28, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
hey fellow coffee lovers! I've been checking out coffeeforums.com now for a couple weeks, and finally decided I should sign up. I love coffee and business aspect of it from the farm to the roasting. I just recieved my first small package of green coffee and have roasted a few small batches in my whirley-pop. DELISH!! My goal is to get into it enough to make some money...eventually as my only source of income. My wife is from Nicaragua, so I would love to spend time down there and find farmers to deal with directly, and to help support and help her native culture. So any info anyone would like to share that might be helpful would be awesome.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Welcome Daneja.

I just ordered some Nicaraguan coffee and I was pretty happy with end result.
There is a seller on Ebay who sells Nicaraguan coffee and seems like he is doing pretty well. Only problem i see is he is very unprofessional. The packaging was awful, delivery time was not very satisfactory but he gets pretty good price for his beans around 5-5.50 dollars per pound including the delivery.
If I were you, I would try to find high grade beans and sell them directly on ebay. I think once you have your name out there as good reliable source of beans(green and also roasted) I would think you would not have any problem selling around 1000-5000 pounds a month or more....I am sure it will take time to build your business up but it is very doable....

16 lbs Nicaragua Green Coffee Beans SHG EP Grade Roaster | eBay

Last edited:

daneja72

Dec 28, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
Lol, thats funny! we bought beans from the same guy! With shipping charges, I got my beans for $3.96/lb. These are the first green beans I have bought so tell me how his service/packaging should have been better. I received my beans in four days, and christmas day was one of the four. Have you purchase green coffee alot? What did you think of the quality of these bean compared to others you have got. What should I look for?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I buy about 20-40 pounds a month for my own use. I thought their beans were good. When I roasted , it was light body with hint of tanning, little earthy. It was very nice coffee. I would give around 82-85 in points.

The packaging was horrible. They came in garbage bag and when I opened the US priority box, all the beans spilled on the floor.

I really liked his beans. But if you can find the little better quality with stronger flavor, it would be better. I thought this beans were great to blend with African beans and/or Sumatras. I would think this will make great second to the very strong flavor single origin beans...But still very nice drinkable bean....

daneja72

Dec 28, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
hmmm, that's interesting about your packaging, mine was a nice heavy duty plastic sealed/vacuum packed bag (2bags=8lbs each). I sorted through my beans before i roasted them, do you usually do that? How do you roast your beans?

manroger4

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.I'm a new member here.
I very like drink coffee. It's great. I can not be without it.
I want to say happy new year to everyone.Wishing everyone much joy, happiness and many years in the new year.

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Manroger,

Welcome to the board and love having you here.
Someone said this about coffee... "I am Christian so I understand the world will come to an end and I would accept that but I just can't imagine end of the World without the coffee..... "

I hope your experience here will be great one as it has been for me.....