Buenos Dias from NM, Caffeine addicts

BeanBurner

Hello from the snowy plains of Northeast New Mexico. My name is Mike, and I am the owner of Crossroads Coffee Shop in Clayton, NM. My wife and I bought this gorgeous little shop from the original owners last June, and hope that it will be our retirement in the not too distant future. We have all kinds of coffee drinks, most of which come straight out of our Rancilio Epoc 2 group machine. We also roast all of our own coffees right here on site. I actually found this website while I was searching training classes for roasting. As a matter of fact, I am freezing my tail off in our roasting room right now. So far, I have been roasting an average of 7 - 10 batches a week for 7 months, and I was fortunate enough to receive training from the guy that originally built this place, but I am looking to up my game so to speak. Anyhow, I look forward to learning from you all.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Welcome to the board... There are many awesome and crazy roaster on this board. Shoot out your questions. Some of the members might not get here often enough to respond right away but I can assure you that you will get the answers....

Good luck with your this great journey and we hope to chat with you soon and often.....

BeanBurner

Nah, I don't really....I think....well??

Seriously though, I think my coffees turn out very good. The guy I learned from was extremely particular about timing and temperatures and air flow. I've been equally as particular so far. Everything I make sells rather quickly, and so far no complaints. I guess the reason I'm thinking of taking classes is because I don't really have anything to compare with unless I go to the one and only tiny grocery store in our town and buy some bagged beans from Starbucks. It's kind of a matter of personal pride. I don't want anything going out my door that someone would say isn't the best they've ever had. Lofty ambitions I suppose.