Hello from Toronto

Cowboy905

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just joined today and wanted to say Hello. I look forward to learning lots from these forums.

a bit about myself. I LOVE coffee. I recently bought a Home Roaster (Behmor 1600) and have been playing around with it and LOVING IT. I will be doing this for a while but have realized i want to set up and become a Micro Roaster (maybe a YM2??) and start selling at my local farmers markets, online, and friends. This is a fun hobby of mine and i'd LOVE to take it further.

Cheers

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Welcome Cowboy905. Its great to hear you are learning the roasting side of coffee. I think if you are true coffee lover, you would try roasting. Once you roast, you can honestly tell the true nature of coffee and know what good coffee should taste like in my opinion.

Welcome welcome.....

Cowboy905

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Visit site
not sure when i started. I think in Grade 10 with 3 sugar and 3 creams! but i've always loved going to a cafe and sitting down, reading my book and having a cup of coffee. i drink about 3 cups a day but usually store bought or Tassimo but it gets the job done.

I've been roasting and using my french press for just over a week now. I'm actually taking a course in 2 weeks on the art of roasting. it's just a 2hr seminar but I am real excited to learn it better than the trial and error i've been doing.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
How Fun!!!!!!!!
I learn roasting all by myself with making tons of mistakes and wasted many great beans but there wasn't any roasting courses where I live. So you are very lucky to be able to find seminars. My only reliable tool for the roasting tip were YOUTUBE... lol....

thuynguyen

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
@cowboy905: hi, my case is almost same like yours, I really love roasting coffee and searching a lot for it. By my side in VN, people put something after roasting to have special flavor. How is it by your side ?

@coffee junky: same like you I searched and started roasting coffee with my pan, it was so smoky and sometime burned, but now it is totally different, I can sell my own roasted coffee to others, so lovely.