Hello, I need some help for Bussiness

HusH

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Our company is thinking about making a switch from Air-pot coffee makers to Kuerigs. As I know the price will go up, I have to be able to present this to our partners and why this would be a better way to go . So any help would be grerat.

I know the cost willl go up. However, I see we are trashing about 10 pots a day away. When clients are here, we make a regular batch and a decaf Half the time these are not touched. I dont drink coffee my self. But it seems in the long run, the most cost effective way is the Kuerig machines. Would I be correct on this assumption?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Yes and no.

Yes if you don't mind serving not so good coffee to your clients.

I think the convenience of having Kuerig is debatable. But I think the taste also need to be considered.
And when you have Kuerig, people actually will drink more. Some people will grab one cup even though they don't drink coffee much.
You employes will drink more. Because it is cool but long run, it won't matter much.

I know few banks have changed to Kuerig and I am trying to convince them to change back to air pot but I don't think that is going to happen.

My conclusion on Kuerig vs Air pot at work, hands down Kuerig is way to go at work. You don't have clean up, dedicate the time of making coffee, and don't have to keep checking if the coffee pot is empty.
The disadvantage is the taste, possible machine breakage(which happens often) and takes up bigger display room.

Good luck...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "HusH"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

You mentioned coffee makers....how many will you be replacing?

I know someone who works in a rather large office, and they were making and tossing out about 10 pots of coffee a day. Coffee tastes terrible when its been sitting on the burner, or in air-pots. Most people would rather make a fresh batch and wait for it, than drink old coffee. Last year, they bought three of the larger Keurig machines, and made three coffee stations in the work and lunch areas so people won't need to walk far to get their coffee. They're happy with the results. Now people can walk up to the machine and make a fresh cup of coffee with no fuss. Plus, they don't tend to linger around the coffee pot as much, and they get back to work,

If you buy the K-cups in bulk, you'll cut down on the cost factor.

Rose

HusH

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello "HusH"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

You mentioned coffee makers....how many will you be replacing?

I know someone who works in a rather large office, and they were making and tossing out about 10 pots of coffee a day. Coffee tastes terrible when its been sitting on the burner, or in air-pots. Most people would rather make a fresh batch and wait for it, than drink old coffee. Last year, they bought three of the larger Keurig machines, and made three coffee stations in the work and lunch areas so people won't need to walk far to get their coffee. They're happy with the results. Now people can walk up to the machine and make a fresh cup of coffee with no fuss. Plus, they don't tend to linger around the coffee pot as much, and they get back to work,

If you buy the K-cups in bulk, you'll cut down on the cost factor.

Rose

We have 4 break rooms 4 conference rooms. We are looking at the b3000 for kitchens and break rooms and the b145 for the conference rooms. After researching what we waste in air pots we are wasting 40% of what is being made. We avg a waste of 8 pots a day. spending 1.50 a pack of coffee showing to be about 14cents a serving. That is for regular. for flavored 1.86. And we have employees doing double making it over 3.00 a pot. It seems the waste can add up. My vendor is offering all eight machines for free and my kcups at 11.99 some at 12.99. As the 1st person stated it seems that the client would prefer a better cup of coffee. And might not drink as much. But the partners are old school and presenting this in a way to make the change happen is where Im stuck.

All info is great. If will help me in my predestination.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I agree that the client would prefer a better cup of coffee, but by using a Kuerig machine and making it fresh right in front of their faces will make them think it's a better cup of coffee from the start. No one wants to wonder how long the coffee has been sitting in the pot.

The special attention that you're showing them, (many people are fascinated with Kuerig machines) and the fact that the Kuerig machines make decent coffee (depending on the brand of K-cups you get) will make the clients feel special. Plus, the Keurigs are clean and efficient, and the clients won't need to think about the grunge factor and who's been cleaning the coffee pot at the end of the day.

Rose

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Convenience is never a wise decision when it comes to capturing the minds and wallets of respectable clients.

I would make a moderate investment in a small grinder and several French Press.
Get fresh beans. (when clients come)
Grind.
Make good/great coffee for clients.

For the day to day office people, Keurig might be ok, but if I was doing business with your company and you tried to even pass off Keurig as being fresh, I would wonder what other things are you hiding.

Everything you do, say, offer, etc. to a client reflects upon your business. Stale coffee in airpots certainly is not the answer, but when clients come, make the effort, it will be appreciated...especially if you tell them.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I can't picture just anyone in an office setting using a French Press and having the coffee come out right. You'd have to have a designated coffee person who has perfected making coffee in a French press ..... I can't picture that happening.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
PinkRose,

Coffee in a Press is not rocket science. Obviously it can't brew itself. Office workers are people. Some are intelligent people. If they do not have the wherewithal to ask there local roaster (when they are purchasing beans and grinder) how to properly brew press... then God help there company, because they have an idiot for an employee.

There's no excuse for not taking care of your clients. Whether it's lemonade from lemons rather than Country Time, or it's coffee from actual fresh beans rather than a capsule or POD, how you approach that simple task reflects on every other thing you do for your company and that the company does for it's clients. Shortcuts of any kind aren't a one time thing. If you find one, many exist. It's the nature of the beast.

At least that's my 2.437 cents.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
So, when you go get your car serviced and you have to wait for it, do you expect quality coffee when they tell you to help yourself to some coffee while you wait?

I'm guessing that the French Press is too much trouble for today's fast-paced office setting. I also think someone in an office setting wouldn't want to risk getting coffee stains on their good clothes from having to clean out the French Press over and over again. I still can't picture it happening.

HusH

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
1st. Let me say, thanks for all the input. Also let me say, That we make coffee fresh upon our clients arrival LOL. Partners would kill us otherwise. I think they have decided to keep air pots. However have kuerig machines for clients. These machines will be available for employees but they must purchase their own kcups. Then we will talk at a later time, about moving straight to Kuerig. Again, I considered all your guys input and based my influenced with what I have heard and seen here. Again, Thanks!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello HusH,

So, now I'm curious. What type of business do your work for? You mentioned clients and partners, which would lead me to think it's a group of lawyers, or maybe accountants? Your comment about making the employees purchase their own K-cups also makes me wonder.

Rose

Last edited:

HusH

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello HusH,

So, now I'm curious. What type of business do your work for? You mentioned clients and partners, which would lead me to think it's a group of lawyers, or maybe accountants? Your comment about making the employees purchase for their own K-cups also makes me wonder.

Rose

LOL. You hit the nail on the head.... Lawyers.