Looking to learn whatever I can

ShibbleHash

Apr 18, 2013
Cincinnati
Visit site
I have been working at various shops around Cincinnati, but about a year ago I quit my barista gig to sell out for more money at a bank. Well as much as I like getting enough money that my wife and I don't starve; I miss the environment, learning experiences, aromas, etc. I am looking to push myself back into the culture.

That being said I started trying to re-sharpen my skills by going to all the shops around my city, sampling all the different single origins around from all the different roasters, and overall re-educating myself on the whole process from plant to cup.

A friend of mine and I started writing our own blog on the subject, but that's just based on what we already know.

This seemed like the next step, finding like-minded people who are interested in the same things that we are and pick their brains on where the best sources of information are.
We are looking for books, videos, or even other blogs out there that will give us solid and practical information that we can use.

If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "ShibbleHash"

Welcome to the coffee Forums website.

We have members from all over the globe. You will certainly find a lot of useful information here.

We hope you will visit us often.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hello "ShibbleHash"

Welcome to the coffee Forums website.

We have members from all over the globe. You will certainly find a lot of useful information here.

We hope you will visit us often.

Rose

Search around this site and you will find tons of information from taste of the single origin beans to different coffee shops around the country. We also have tons of roaster information on here.

If you have any specific information you are need, please post up the questions, I am sure you will get your questions answered.