Howdy from PHX!

cestrin

Jul 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm Chase. I have enjoyed a good cup of coffee for a few years now. My love for (black) coffee started when I was working on a farm. Every morning coffee was brewed and it was a nice way to warm up AND get me through the day. As the farm was in Texas it was less about the hot drink and more about the taste.

I now have a Behmor 1600 roaster and burr grinder and am experimenting with different roasts/varietels. I have logged about 20 roasts and hope to open a coffee shop after getting fed up with the engineering industry!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "cestrin" (Chase)

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

You will find a lot of useful information here, in addition to some interesting discussions about roasting coffee. Many people who buy a roaster end up loving the roasting process and eventually start their own roasting business. That may be in your future yet!

In the mean time, we hope you'll enjoy your roaster, and as you progress, feel free to join in the discussions and ask quesitons when you're ready.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome! There are some pretty good people on this forum that are willing to point you in the right direction. Good luck and again welcome!