New from Lake Havasu City, Arizona

stutter

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!
My name is Al and I live in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. I've been reading for a few days and decided I better join. Such a great group here. My wife and I have decided we'd like to open a small espresso cafe in our town. There are a few drive through places and some Starbucks but no true cafe. We want to do a small owner/operator place. We both like to work and have a heavy restaurant service background. I was cook and chef for 25 years and my wife was a bartender/server/manager for close to 20 years. We're used to long hours and serving people. lol We've never worked in an espresso shop, but we've been to plenty. I spent 8 years in Seattle and became quite spoiled when it comes to coffee. I cooked in some small places when I was there. We don't have anything like those coffee shops here. I've been waiting and waiting but I guess I better open one myself if we're ever going to have one here. lol Looking forward to some interaction and education here. Thanks for reading!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "stutter" (Al)

Welcome!

It's quite understandable that you were spoiled in Seattle when it comes to enjoyable coffee. Hey, that's a possible name for your new coffee shop - "Spoiled in Seattle" nah..... I'm sure you'll come up with something much better!

You'll find a lot of interaction and education here on the Coffee Forums website. We're very glad you found us.

Rose

stutter

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That's funny, Rose. I certainly was spoiled there. I'm thinking of keeping it real simple, like with the word coffee in it. I'm a tattoo artist and I know how a simple sign with the word tattoo on it can be very effective. People get confused with fancy names.