mobile coffee ireland

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick intro about myself and my little setup. Spent the last 12 yrs workong nightclubs,bars and cafes. Got a little tired working for others so figured i might as well make a go of things myself. Spent the best part of 2 yrs planning and been on the road all of 3 months so far:)
So far its been a mix of festivals and last minute gigs but things are definatly picking up a bit.
Now for my setup, am running a Fracino Retro 2 group machine,dual fuel so best of both worlds. Deep cycle batteries for powering grinder and lights and an old 75 vw camper for getting around:) Will throw up a few pics when i figurw this place out a little better:)

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
image.jpgimage.jpg
Few pics of my setup,still a bit of a work in progress but getting there:)

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
hey expat,im in Dublin,mostly doing weekend markets and small gigs at the moment. Did electric picnic just gone,real eye opener but a lotta fun too. Am pretty hard to miss,if ur around dublin at all keep an eye out for me:)

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Am just about still here, survived some crazy weather over christmas and will be back on the road here in the next week or so. The year ended on a bit of a quiet note, numbers just wernt out on the streets but its just another learning experience i guess. Decided to try something new and swapped suppliers, got my hands on some Marley Coffee, its definatly different but in a good way. Lots of positive comments and actually managed to convert some of the locals to 'real' coffee:) As usual the irish are creatures of habbit and i think people were just starting to realise i was there and it was all over, another week or two and I think I would have made a real impact on the locals. I think people were more interest in a photo op than coffee, next time no coffee, no photo:)

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Most awesome VW I ever laid:decaf:eek:n! Of course I am prejudiced naturally because of the setup.
If you ever hookup with Expat, you should give his coffee(And The Lovely & Talented Roast Mistress's coffee),
a go. He sounds like a great guy. Keep rolling, Jetta Java. Could not resist!

vintageflair

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
20140502_185743.jpg1392001_10152063050916709_3367005528529589573_n.jpegJust stopping in to update this a little. Havent had a lot of time these days,madness is the only way to describe the last few months. Between being the only coffee stall at a 30k people two day event to outdoor cinemas and the festivals I m booked into over the next few weeks things are getting busy.
The way things are going my setup just cant keep up with demand. Between two of us working two 8 hour days we managed to go through 17.5kg of coffee (on a 2 group machine) and probably close to 200 liters of milk! Im hoping once the summer kicks in iced drinks might take some pressure off, but a second machine is definatly needed i think. Never find time to get any good photos but heres some from last week:)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Thanks for the update!

You mentioned in an earlier post that you got tired of working for others. And it sounds like your mobile coffee van is certainly working out for you. I hope you won't get tired of working for yourself. You have a great setup, and you'll just need to make some adjustments to help make things easier for you (maybe a second espresso machine).

Best wishes for lots of success, along with much less madness.

Rose