Newbie Roaster

BucklesBeanery

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am a newbie to the roasting community!! I am going to start off with a hot air popper while I am working on modifying my George Foreman rotisserie!! I can't wait to get started!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hey!!!! Welcome aboard.!!!!
Hot air popper will give you some idea of coffee roasting and I think you are doing it the right way by starting small batches. How big the drum going to be for the GF Rotisserie.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "BucklesBeanery"

Welcome!

It will be interesting to see how everything works out when you modify your George Forman rotisserie. I bought one a few years ago, and only used it 3 times. I was thinking of donating it, but maybe I'll think about turning it into a coffee roaster instead. One of our Forum members sells a pre-made attachment for roasting coffee on the George Forman Rotisserie.

Rose

BucklesBeanery

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been watching some of Youtube videos of other people doing this and it looks like they get an even roast. Some of the GF rotisseries come with a "round vegetable roasting" basket that looks like it would work pretty nicely for coffee, but mine does not have one. I saw that a member sells them, but I would like to see if I could make one before I put a lot of money into it. Thanks for the welcome!