Why Has It Taken So Long???????

Chrimbo

Dec 19, 2013
Sussex Weald - UK
Visit site
Only just purchase an expresso machine (Delonghi EC820.B) , probably not the worlds best but its a start. After touring around many forums, including this one, for advice I made my first expresso using a cheap expresso coffee from Lidl - and what a revelation the flavour was something else and made me wonder why it has taken me so long to make the move .......... next stop is the coffee shop where I get what my wife calls 'my special weekend coffee's'.

So I am now a convert and over the coming months be 'lurking' on this forum for information and making the odd post looking for advice on techniques, equipment and coffee.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Chrimbo

Welcome to the Coffee Forums. It's great that you found us!

Quite often, many people who discover something that's been right in front of them all along, also wonder why it's taken them so long to "make the move."

You made the move, and it sounds like there's no turning back. Best wishes for many more discoveries.

Rose

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Chrimbo,

A good first step for your journey. Save and invest in a good, adjustable burr grinder meant for espresso. It will transform what you are already enjoying to another level.

Happy Brewing!

Chrimbo

Dec 19, 2013
Sussex Weald - UK
Visit site
Chrimbo,
A good first step for your journey. Save and invest in a good, adjustable burr grinder meant for espresso. It will transform what you are already enjoying to another level.

I've been looking at grinders already but I will need to convince SWMBO before making that purchase ...... :p

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
That's funny! Most men usually do that kind of hint dropping stuff when they want a new big TV or a new car.

Maybe the next time you go to the coffee shop and return home with your special coffee, you can tell her that the sales person (preferrably a woman) at the shop told you that the coffee would taste much better if you grind it right before brewing. Let that bit of information sit with her for a day or two. Then, when you make the coffee, drop another hint. (I'm sure you're a pro at it by now) Maybe it will eventually turn out to be "her" idea to get a good grinder. Good luck.

Rose

Last edited:

Chrimbo

Dec 19, 2013
Sussex Weald - UK
Visit site
Maybe the next time you go to the coffee shop and return home with your special coffee, you can tell her that the sales person (preferrably a woman) at the shop told you that the coffee would taste much better if you grind it right before brewing. Let that bit of information sit with her for a day or two. Then, when you make the coffee, drop another hint. (I'm sure you're a pro at it by now) Maybe it will eventually turn out to be "her" idea to get a good grinder. Good luck.

Rose

looks like a plan to me - thanks :coffee: