New husband and wife roasting co - start up - need guidance

Sheilaok

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
We're artisanally roasting organic and fair trade coffee and selling to restaurants in the LA area. Roasting quite a while (decade +) on self-built machines. Love electric, direct heat roasting. Anyone have experience in attaining equipment to help us grow? Have some amazing direct sources for SMBC and RFA speciality coffee green beans - would love to exchange knowledge and grow together in the word of sustainable and responsible coffee roasting.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome to the board...loads of great people here! What size roaster do you have and what size are you looking for? Are you open to gas or are you set on electric?

Sheilaok

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the nice welcome... Looking for Under 10k, all electric only. Have been looking @ Coffee-tech's Solar roaster. Any feedback on that?

Hello Sheilaok , I am also a new member here and welcome to this great Forum. I grew up in Oxnard and I find myself with my wife in Colombia where her family has a coffee plantation and what an experience from strawberries in Oxnard to coffee in Colombia.We also take our coffee to the U.S. in small quantities and trying to c what we need to get bigger quantities to the U.S.without any problems to sell.Sorry unable to help you with the roasting situation but if I can help in anyway let me know ok, my pleasure. There is also a Micheal from Camarillo in this Forum I believe WATVENTU is his user name. Goodluck, Trini