Need Help: Cold Brew Coffee Recipe

lunfardo

May 14, 2014
Visit site
if i want to use one pound of ground roast coffee to make cold brew coffee concéntrate, what would be the mínimum amount necessary if all the cold brew coffee concéntrate is really only for me and no other people???????? would it be a liter, a gallon, a quart, ect............????? also, what would be the máximum amount of time before filtering it out when finally ready for use?????? can anyone or someone please help me out or at least give me a general idea? i would appreciate it a lot. thank you. p.s. the mínimum amount of wáter to be mixed with the pound of ground roast coffee which woud be 454 grams.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Let me google that for you

At the risk of becoming the forum curmudgeon... it always amazes me that someone would go online to find an answer, but only search as far as finding this coffee forum, registering, and making their first post to ask the question when they could have way more easily just searched for 'cold brewed coffee' and been done with it.

cestrin

Jul 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
I think they want an opinion from the snobbiest coffee geeks around! I take that as a compliment. :coffee:

Just kidding....about the snobby comment....sometimes. But people here do know their stuff!

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Just because we hope this person will find this forum helpful and friendly, and will in turn hang around, have some good input and basically be a vital part of the this vibrant community...

My Toddy recipe calls for 1lb. ground coffee, pour in 5 cups water, don't stir, wait 5 minutes, add 4 more cups water. Let sit at least 12 hours - I'll go up to 18 if I won't be home sooner - and then you filter it somehow. The concentrate is good for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Just because we hope this person will find this forum helpful and friendly, and will in turn hang around, have some good input and basically be a vital part of the this vibrant community...

My Toddy recipe calls for 1lb. ground coffee, pour in 5 cups water, don't stir, wait 5 minutes, add 4 more cups water. Let sit at least 12 hours - I'll go up to 18 if I won't be home sooner - and then you filter it somehow. The concentrate is good for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.

You're such a good sport, Peter!

Thanks for sharing your toddy recipe. Now we have it and can refer back to it the next time someone asks.

I have to laugh every time I see the "Let me Google that for you" link in your posts. It's friendly and to the point. Gotta love it!

Rose

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Sep 25, 2012
Kansas
Visit site
if i want to use one pound of ground roast coffee to make cold brew coffee concéntrate, what would be the mínimum amount necessary if all the cold brew coffee concéntrate is really only for me and no other people???????? would it be a liter, a gallon, a quart, ect............????? also, what would be the máximum amount of time before filtering it out when finally ready for use?????? can anyone or someone please help me out or at least give me a general idea? i would appreciate it a lot. thank you. p.s. the mínimum amount of wáter to be mixed with the pound of ground roast coffee which woud be 454 grams.

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you enjoy the recipe above :)...

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Peter failed to mention type of grind. lol... Just messing with you dude. But I have tried different grind to make my cold brew and I find much easier and better to have finer grind. If you are a coffee shop owner, use the Peter's recipe but experiment with different way of filtering and use the different ground to refine your own recipe that works for you.

This is one of the parts coffee shop owners should enjoy finding.....

Good Luck

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Peter, not a "forum curmudgeon", but a

connoisseur
: a person who knows a lot about something (such as art, wine, food, etc.) : an expert in a particular subject.

You do know the etc. is coffee!!!

Latest posts