Hi There! Dutch Production/Roaster guy in the UK

thijszon

Jan 23, 2012
London
Visit site
Hey everybody,

My name is Thijs. I've only been working in the speciality coffee industry for 2,5 years now so I'm very keen to learn from all of you. I've been working as a production roaster for the past 2 years and I've found it most intriguing!
My then girlfriend now fiancee convinced me to come over to England and I still regret it every minute. It's a great place but there's just no city like Amsterdam. It does seem that I've plonked myself in the middle of a vastly expanding coffee industry and I've already met some very inspiring people.

Looking forward to have some interesting discussions guys!

Thijs

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey everybody,

My name is Thijs. I've only been working in the speciality coffee industry for 2,5 years now so I'm very keen to learn from all of you. I've been working as a production roaster for the past 2 years and I've found it most intriguing!
My then girlfriend now fiancee convinced me to come over to England and I still regret it every minute. It's a great place but there's just no city like Amsterdam. It does seem that I've plonked myself in the middle of a vastly expanding coffee industry and I've already met some very inspiring people.

Looking forward to have some interesting discussions guys!

Thijs

Hello Thijs

Welcome!

It's never a good thing to regret making a move, especially when you did it to please someone else.

At least, it's a good thing that you've met some inspiring people during your relocation.

We have members on this Forum who are from all over the globe. Maybe you'll meet some more inspiring people here too!

Rose

Latest posts