Hello from England!

froggystyle

Feb 2, 2014
England
Visit site
Hi,

Registered a while ago but not really visited since, Topher popped along to our Uk coffeeforums so i though i would return the favor and pop along and sey hello!

Current set up is Gaggia classic, MC2, little bodum grinder for pour over, V60, Wave and Gene roaster.

Look forward to reading some of your forum and contributing where i can.

Thanks
Froggy

froggystyle

Feb 2, 2014
England
Visit site
hi Froggy,
welcome ! I have a question for you. how is Gene Roaster working out for you? I have been thinking about getting one for my family.
i will appreciate it if you can give us your honest opinion about this roaster.
thanks

Hi Ensoluna,

The gene is a great little machine, had it about 6 months now and roast 90% of all the beans we use in the household, i do still purchase some ready roasted blends from other roasters, but i do not buy single origin any more.

In the UK, as i am sure you are aware, the weather can be very up and down, in the winter time if your voltage is ok, then the gene will produce lovely even roasts, however as its summer now i am finding that some roasts can be uneven at the end, but this depends on the bean.

Lets say monsooned malibar, this roasts lovely in the machine, as does a nice Colombian Suarez i have just picked, but then others can be very difficult to get even.

I had a play on the new gene cbr1200 a couple of weeks ago, this is the big brother of the 101 and can roast 1kg at a time. This machine is a very different machine to the 101, it has dual heaters and a cooling tray under the chamber, you drop the beans in via a chute and then drop them out into the tray which has a cooling fan, no need to lift the drum out.

Well hope that helps!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi Ensoluna,

The gene is a great little machine, had it about 6 months now and roast 90% of all the beans we use in the household, i do still purchase some ready roasted blends from other roasters, but i do not buy single origin any more.

In the UK, as i am sure you are aware, the weather can be very up and down, in the winter time if your voltage is ok, then the gene will produce lovely even roasts, however as its summer now i am finding that some roasts can be uneven at the end, but this depends on the bean.

Lets say monsooned malibar, this roasts lovely in the machine, as does a nice Colombian Suarez i have just picked, but then others can be very difficult to get even.

I had a play on the new gene cbr1200 a couple of weeks ago, this is the big brother of the 101 and can roast 1kg at a time. This machine is a very different machine to the 101, it has dual heaters and a cooling tray under the chamber, you drop the beans in via a chute and then drop them out into the tray which has a cooling fan, no need to lift the drum out.

Well hope that helps!

thanks A LOT.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi Ensoluna,

Well hope that helps!

thanks A LOT. A great help. Perhaps I will also buy one for the family and myself.
unfortuantely, few people here just mentions something that they do not even know what they are talking about or tell us "they are doing this or that", just to get the attention. But when I have questions and ask them, they either do not even reply nor does not even understand what i am asking.

anyway, I really appreciate your detailed explanation. thanks