Greetings from Virginia!

nomadmobilecoffee

Jul 15, 2014
Harrisonburg, VA
Visit site
Hey, folks!

Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself on this forum.

I LOVE coffee. I currently have a day-job (that I hate) but I'm a barista and own a coffee catering business doing espresso and pourover at weddings, parties, and events on weekends. For the past year, I've been roasting my own coffee, starting out with a jiffy pop and moving up to a Coffee Roasters Club 5lb drum for my propane grill. And the more people try my coffee, the more they want to buy it. So now I'm in the market for a commercial roaster. I plan to make the transition to full-time coffee roaster within the next 12 months.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
welcome to forum, nomadmobilecoffee.
Great news that you will be doing what you love. "Do what you love & Love what you do"
In our forum, we have a lot of great roasters, so if you have any questions about roasting, let us know.
for me, I am from coffee origin side, not much of roaster nor barista. welcome. Alex from Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala

nomadmobilecoffee

Jul 15, 2014
Harrisonburg, VA
Visit site
Gracias, Alex!

I used to be from the origin side as well as I was born and raised in Honduras. My dad had a coffee plantation up in the mountains of Santa Barbara, close to the Guatemala border. Unfortunately, he sold the plantation about 10 years ago because he got kidnapped one time on the way up there.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Gracias, Alex!

I used to be from the origin side as well as I was born and raised in Honduras. My dad had a coffee plantation up in the mountains of Santa Barbara, close to the Guatemala border. Unfortunately, he sold the plantation about 10 years ago because he got kidnapped one time on the way up there.

WoW. that is some scary story. I have heard that it also happens quite often in Guatemala, specially up north west area. I remember last time visiting some farms in deep huehuetenango. there were so many police checks on the road (mainly checking for drugs or any illegal products) that it took almost double the time to get there. And some areas, my partner does not want to go to visit farms due to 'dangerous grounds".

I live in Long Beach, CA but I will be leaving to Guatemala for 3 weeks this Sunday. I have sold existing specialty coffee lots to our customers in Europe and Asia, so we need more good coffees for next sales. Daniel and I will be traveling for 3 weeks, visiting farms in different regions in Guatemala. It is rainy season there, so it will be an adventure for sure. In a way, i feel excited to visit and look for great coffee beans, but .... it will be very tough, specially in rainy season everything gets delayed and dangerous.