Hello

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody !

I'm so happy to be in this wonderful forum of coffee lover and professional .

I'm in tje coffee industry for few years and I'm now focusing on roasting. I have been roasting on a probat p25 and prior on a l12 wjere I work. Soon planning to open my own .

Cheers all !

Alessio

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
welcome, Alessio.
my name is Alex and I work in the coffee farm/school/exporter side of the world, specifically in Guatemala.
so, if you have any questions about my side of the coffee world, please let me know.
currently, i am in Guatemala visiting farms to secure next harvest for specialty coffees.
so, if you are interested, please check out my recent postings.
thanks and good luck to you.
alex
PS: we got a lot of great roasters who participate in this forum very actively, Peter, John, Bob, freeman..etc..... you will get to know them very soon. thanks

Last edited:

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
welcome, Alessio.
my name is Alex and I work in the coffee farm/school/exporter side of the world, specifically in Guatemala.
so, if you have any questions about my side of the coffee world, please let me know.
currently, i am in Guatemala visiting farms to secure next harvest for specialty farms.
so, if you are interested, please check out my recent postings.
thanks and good luck to you.
alex
PS: we got a lot of great roasters who participate in this forum very actively, Peter, John, Bob...etc..... you will get to know them very soon. thanks

Thank you Alex !!!
Yeah def I' canr wait to exchange and learn always . After years of barista managing competing now I only focus on roasting but der I love guatemala even though I have a little crash on kenyans '))

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Hi Alexlauren and welcome! So where do you do your roasting? I started as a barista as well...then got offered an apprenticeship to roast 20 some years ago...love the business and can't imagine doing anything else. If you have any questions let us know..there are loads of good people here! Again...WELCOME!

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Alexlauren and welcome! So where do you do your roasting? I started as a barista as well...then got offered an apprenticeship to roast 20 some years ago...love the business and can't imagine doing anything else. If you have any questions let us know..there are loads of good people here! Again...WELCOME!

Hi topher nice to meet u !!!
I roast in nj on a probat p25 but prior I started on a l12 all manuals.
Now I'm trying to open my small roasting and trying to purchase a 12 kg max roaster . I'm trying to understand the phidgets 1048 and what to purchase as thermocouple . I asked around already in tje forum hopefully I get some help and advise how to install and get it right with artisan.

Yeah I love roasting cupping and selecting coffee I have been enjoying now for some time '))

Cheers

Alessio

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
When you open are you going to stick with Probat? I worked on a L25 for years. Great roasters. Only draw back was expense. Maintenance wasn't bad(I had an engineering department..they would probably have a different story) Perfect example. The roaster before me had so many fires that the cooling bin had a tear in it...I called Probat for a replacement and before shipping it was over a grand. I called a local fabricator and had to made for $600. Oh well good luck on your adventure and keep us updated on your progress!

alexlauren

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
When you open are you going to stick with Probat? I worked on a L25 for years. Great roasters. Only draw back was expense. Maintenance wasn't bad(I had an engineering department..they would probably have a different story) Perfect example. The roaster before me had so many fires that the cooling bin had a tear in it...I called Probat for a replacement and before shipping it was over a grand. I called a local fabricator and had to made for $600. Oh well good luck on your adventure and keep us updated on your progress!

I don't think I would buy probat too expensive waiting list too long and customer service sucks personal experience. I prob opt for us roasters or giesen .

:)