Hello from Panama

linuxreign

Aug 15, 2014
Panama
Visit site
Hi!
Greetings from Panama, Central America. As everyone in here I love Coffee and for me how I brew it is serious business :p. Where I live we have Cafe Duran among other excelent brands, surely there are people around here that actually know this brand. Someone called Duran the "Holy Grial of Coffees" :)
Well, see you around and it feels great to be here!

Bob de Diego a.k.a linuxreign

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi!
Greetings from Panama, Central America. As everyone in here I love Coffee and for me how I brew it is serious business :p. Where I live we have Cafe Duran among other excelent brands, surely there are people around here that actually know this brand. Someone called Duran the "Holy Grial of Coffees" :)
Well, see you around and it feels great to be here!

Bob de Diego a.k.a linuxreign

hello Bob. welcome to the forum. I know of Duran coffee, very well, matter of fact. My best friend is from Panama. He brings that coffee quite a bit when he comes back from Panama. But always in Ground coffee from Local supermarket. Pretty strong coffee, very straight forward without complexity.
"holy grail of coffee"? I would not go that far. (BTW, don't ever mention your "holy grail ground Duran coffee" to John P. in the forum. ha ha ha... just inside joke. once you get to know more of us here, you will know what I mean :+)

anyway, welcome. My coffee home town is Guatemala, kind of close to Panama, so we are "pasieros" take care!
thanks.
alex

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Welcome to the coffee forums! I have never heard of Duran coffee, now I must search some out to try.

hello Slurp.
BTW, Coffee Duran is most popular ground coffee in Panama. it comes in 12oz, 16oz, 5lbs...several different sizes in all Yellow coffee bag.
Every Panama super market & mini market sell them. It got to be most popular coffee IN PANAMA.

linuxreign

Aug 15, 2014
Panama
Visit site
Welcome to the coffee forums! I have never heard of Duran coffee, now I must search some out to try.

I can't post external links to show you some reviews, but, I will be happy to send a few samples on your direction Slurp, just send me your address in a private message.

ensoluna, yes, Cafe Duran is the most popular coffee in Panama, but that's not the only one as you already know, we have several, such as Geisha Janson, Sitton, Palo Alto (beans) and so on. :)

Thank you all for the Welcome!

Bob

Last edited: