hi there!

Mzungu

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello coffee lovers! I'm Mzungu, originally from Argentina but living in Denmark. I love coffee so I hope I can learn more about it here.
thanks!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hi Mzungu.
Never been to Denmark, but I have been to Buenos Aire, Argentina countless times. One of my top five favorite cities in the world.
Actually, my very first Spanish private teacher was from Buenos Aires (Alejandra Rossi).

Welcome to the forum. I know that Denmark has a huge Coffee culture, but if you know about Argentina coffee culture, I would love to hear from you.
Before I got into coffee business, I liked the Argentina coffee and pastries so much that I even took my wife for a vacation and she loves coffee and pastries even way more than me. We spent entire week with just coffees + breads + sweets. (yes, I know. very bad, but what the heck! we were on vacation, right?!). I imagine that Argentina coffee is so good because majority people living in Argentina are the descendants from Italy.

HOWEVER, I know absolutely no one and no company selling their green coffees (from Guatemala) to Argentina!!!! I am sure that they have green bean importers, but hardly no one talks about selling coffee to Argentina. Well, since Argentina is right next to Brazil, they probably get all the good coffees from Brazil? and they (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile & Paraguay) have economic trade agreements that the products produced in each countries can be traded to other countries without paying import duties. so probably Argentina is buying coffee from Brazil without paying import duties.

So, if you can share Argentina coffee cultures and even Denmark coffee cultures, that would be totally awesome.
thanks and welcome.
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.

Mzungu

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
thank you @pinkrose @slurp @smalltowngirl13 and @dorothygonzalez ! you are very kind.

@Ensoluna thanks for your words and I'm happy you have enjoyed Buenos Aires and its cafés. Bs.As has a huge culture for coffee it was usually where "Porteños" (inhabitants of Buenos Aires which means "people from the port") used to fix all the problems and issues of daily life. Many tangos refer to situations in cafés. Unfortunately nowadays we have been invaded by Starbucks and other brands that are destroying the centennial cafeterias we have in the city. This problem was so big that the city council decided to create a qualification of "Bares Notables" to protect their business and prevent them for going bankrupt. It also helps in the maintenance of the old buildings.
Even when people in Buenos Aires reject chains as Starbucks they still get costumers and thats something we cannot change.
You are right, we buy mostly coffee from Brazil.

In Denmark I know little about the coffee culture, I've seen some stores dedicated only to coffee selling beans, grinders and machines, we have Baresso stores with decent coffee and Peter Larsens Kaffee as the best brand you can find in the supermarkets.
see you around guys!