Coffee Roasting Research Project - Help Needed, Please.

aliceblenco

Hi everyone,

Im a design student at Kingston University researching coffee roasting.

I know there are alot of people on here who are very passionate and experienced in coffee roasting and would really appreciate being able to speak to you about the process and begin to learn a little more.

I'd love to know what you think is the most interesting part of the process, what you find tricky to get right, if you learned anything new while practicing and getting to grips with it, if you have any tips as to how to do it best, and anything interesting/important I may like to know.

Hope to hear back from some of you,
Alice

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Alice,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

While you wait for some replies to your post, I'm sure you can find some answers to your questions by exploring our handy search tool that's at the top right of your screen.

Rose

Last edited:

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
What does "researching coffee roasting" mean? Is this for your thesis or for something more practical and tangible? There are many scientific papers and or books out there that would provide a host of data. And if YOU are interested in roasting from a practical, rather than an academic standpoint, wouldn't you be roasting? If you are only making one post without any further contribution to the forum, at least make a second post which explains your first post in greater detail.

And

What PinkRose said.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
What does "researching coffee roasting" mean? Is this for your thesis or for something more practical and tangible? There are many scientific papers and or books out there that would provide a host of data. And if YOU are interested in roasting from a practical, rather than an academic standpoint, wouldn't you be roasting? If you are only making one post without any further contribution to the forum, at least make a second post which explains your first post in greater detail.

And

What PinkRose said.

...because the OP imagines our sole reason for existence is to type out lengthy replies to help design students doing coffee research. <shrug>