Hello, I'm Deaf and learning about coffee

Grawly

Oct 14, 2014
New Zealand
Visit site
HI, I am from New Zealand, I like coffee so much that I am now a 'real espresso drinker', but inexperienced as I haven't been around to taste varieties of single origins yet..had a few blends but they're safe "house blends"....RME you know what I mean, taste good for most ppl but not the fussiest, knowledgeable connoisseurs (are they really that hard to please??!?). So since after a few months, say 10 months or so I decided to become a new owner of an [FONT=&quot]ECM Venezanio S1, and looking around for a grinder to go with it.

Never had a machine before let alone an E61 type!

This is exciting time for me, and I plan to get a bottomless Portafilter to have cleaner pour (and it looks better).

I was a member of Coffeesnobs , and indeed they were snobs, they booted me out for asking too many questions.
Well, I'm moving on, forget the snobs!!

Hope we'd have good discussions in time. I am profoundly deaf all my life, so deaf that I shouldn't be talking nor to know much English!, but I like to prove them wrong...

I am post -graduate student, embarking on to carry out on a Thesis for a Masters, in the next couple years. Umeployed but definitely occupied and i don't like to get bored.

Well, that's enough from me, and hope you'd all be inclusive of me, onto the journey into the espresso world.
[/FONT]
Thanks for reading my introduction,
Kind Regards,
Grawly

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Grawly,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

You will find all sorts of people here. And a few of them proudly say that they're coffee snobs. That's okay. We take it in stride, because we learn from them, and most of them have become valuable members of the Forum.

Feel free to participate in the discussions, and ask questions when you're ready.

Rose