Hello from Java Island

Valentinohen

Jun 25, 2015
Java, Indonesia
Visit site
Hello everyone, I looked for the forum of coffee outside my country and i found this forum is so great. So i decided to be a new member here.
I am Henry Valentino from java, Indonesia. I have started my coffee business few months ago as a green broker. We sell original Green Arabica & Robusta Coffee Bean from our plantation at Semeru Mountain. Hopefully can be active here. If anything to ask, sharing, or just wanna be my friends, i am so welcome. Just PM me. Thank you :)

- Henry

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
welcome, Henry.
you said that you have become a green broker few month back in Indonesia.
I have some questions for you.

do you buy locally (in Indonesia) and sell to other roasters and coffee shops?
or do you also buy from overseas coffee countries to import and sell them?
for import, what is the importing green bean duties like? is there any other cost involved importing the green beans from other countries?

thanks and please let us know.
alex

Valentinohen

Jun 25, 2015
Java, Indonesia
Visit site
do you buy locally (in Indonesia) and sell to other roasters and coffee shops?
or do you also buy from overseas coffee countries to import and sell them?
for import, what is the importing green bean duties like? is there any other cost involved importing the green beans from other countries?

Hi Alex..
Yes, as a small co-operatives we buy from local farmers and sell export to importers/roasters company. No, we don't buy from overseas. We just selling arabica & robusta from java island, Indonesia only.

For coffeeshop (overseas) usually they won't buy so many, but we can help if they want to buy small/medium quantity also.
Mostly they don't have import license. If importer don't have import licence, usually they using courier company such as DHL/EMS for very small quantity.
But if they have, they will do with cargo company (such as logistics company). They're much cheaper than courier significantly.

Every country has their own import regulation, you may check with the customs officer/website of that country. This is also applied to the import duty & taxes. Sometimes some of countries allow importing green bean without any food standards or company license (personal license only) then i recommend that using Cargo to deliver. I amnot sure about this but as i remember Singapore GST 7%. Different country different regulation

Last edited: