Hello From KL

ellboss

May 4, 2016
Malaysia
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is Elliot and I am a teacher from Australia who is now living in Malaysia. I love coffee and hope to start a roasting business here in KL. I am passionate about quality coffee and I know I have lots to learn and benefit from being on this forum. I look forward to chatting to many of you and contributing to this site.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Elliot,

Welcome! You will find a lot of useful, and sometimes entertaining, information here!

We have a lot of people who roast coffee on this forum, and plenty of them "know their stuff." Feel free to ask questions and participate in the discussions when you're ready.

Rose

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hey, Elliot,
how is the coffee scene in KL? it has been about 10 years since I have been in KL. My customer and I used to drive back and forth from Kuala Lumpur to Penang to Kedah.
Personally, I liked Penang the most, specially food and people.
besides Starbucks, Costa and Pacific coffee, is there any good specialty coffee shops in your area?
Since KL is very close to North Sumatra, probably you are getting a lot of Sumatra beans... of course, maybe from Thailand and Vietnam also?
Love to hear more about Malaysia coffee cultures which I do not know much about.
thanks
Alex from Ensoluna

wscafe

Hi all,

My name is Elliot and I am a teacher from Australia who is now living in Malaysia. I love coffee and hope to start a roasting business here in KL. I am passionate about quality coffee and I know I have lots to learn and benefit from being on this forum. I look forward to chatting to many of you and contributing to this site.

As far as I've known, Malaysian love instant coffee mixes (white coffee 2in1, white coffee 3in1 and kopi-O). They love bold taste. Ground coffee powder is often packed in single serve bag (like Lipton), you just put it in a cup of hot water, wait and enjoy.