New member to the forum

GCRoaster

May 22, 2016
Southern USA
Visit site
Hello all, I was happy to find this forum. I am in the process of research/learning my way into the coffee business. I'm am hoping to learn much here. Thank you for letting me join.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome Rick! What is your end goal? To work or own a coffee shop? Do you want to roast? It says you are in the Southern USA...where in the south are you? Well...again. Welcome and as Rose said lots of interesting info here along with some interesting characters.

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Welcome. I'm new here also. But I did own a cafe and I involved with a new roasting company in NY. So if I can help at all. Please ask. The coffee industry has a lot of great folks. It it is tough to break in as a new roaster and cafe. You say you want to roast. Have you roasted before, tell us about it.

GCRoaster

May 22, 2016
Southern USA
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm just getting started with everything and hoping that we will be up and going in 2-3 years. I am still researching many different aspect of coffee from plant to cup. My next major move will be some cupping classes.
I'm spending a lot of time reading post and learning from the knowledgable people here. Thx, Rick

IvanCoffee

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, Ivan here from Melbourne, Down Under.

Long time coffee addict and barista but no much longer as I'm getting a 'real job' - still keeping my passion alive on Latte Art Guide. Been blogging (rather sporadically) since 2013. Looking to get more into drip and pour over coffee as in Melbourne it's all about the espresso.

P.s Woah first post is 2003, didn't even know this forum was here for so long!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome to the forums..what job are you pursuing? You can actually do well in the industry. I have been in it since 89 and have loved every minute of it! Well hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have! It has been here for while!

IvanCoffee

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Going into Intellectual Property, I enjoy it, however I still would love to open up an Italian Espresso bar down the road. Just one big slab of wood/counter, espresso machine on top, in a small but high volume room just doing coffees and small snacks. Only works if the location is right though.

BrasilCafeImporters

Jun 21, 2016
Miami, Florida
Visit site
Welcome GCRoaster... I am sure you will find the coffeeforums a great place to learn about coffee:coffeemug::coffeemug::coffeemug:. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

SantaMonica Gourmet Cafe 1.jpg

https://brasilcafeimports.wordpress.com/