N00b from Chicago

Chipster67

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to say Hello to all the Coffee guru's on the site. I'm truly feel like a n00b in the ways of coffee. I've been drinking coffee for years, don't get me wrong, but the fact is I know very little about it. I own a Keurig, Hell I've owned EVERY Keurig since the initial one. So basically I've been drinking weak coffee and polluting the world for years now.

Over the past year I've been tinkering with a few other coffee's.. I actually watched a show called Dangerous Grounds, from that moment I realized I know NADA about Coffee and my Keurig and $tarbucks addiction had tought me nada, other then a Venti is Large and most coffees from there taste more like a milky drink then a bold coffee. Yeah fell in to the Latte habit.

Anyhow I was eyeballing the Breville at Best buy, but after doing many searches on forms, that machine appears to be a dud, lots of issues often reported.

So figured I'd join the guru's and start my learning process. Eventually would love to not only Roast my own beans, but also then brew them not only as espresso, but pour over and french press.

Thanks for having me

Chip

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Chipster,

Welcome!

Thank you for writing such a nice Introduction. It is always fun to learn a little about our new members when they join us.

You will find a lot of helpful information here. Feel free to explore our archives by using the handy search box that is at the top right corner of your screen. Also, you're welcome to ask questions and participate in the discussions when you're ready.

Rose