Greetings from Central Java

birght_java

Greetings all;

I am an American expat living in Indonesia. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.

Hope this place can be a good source of information and fellowship in my new business.

Bright_Java

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi Bright Java.
I would love to hear about Central Java coffee farm/workers stories.
I work in Guatemala and try to share my stories with forum members as much as I can.
hopefully you can also join in from "origin" point of view.

birght_java

Greetings from Java Central! I'd love to hear those stories about the growers!

When I finally get a website up my first interview trip will be from farmers on Bali and Lombok, the island right next to Bali. In the US Bali coffee doesn't make it over often so I would love to source more of it for that market. And the growers in Lombok are just now coming on line with specialty grade coffee.

Hopefully in two or three weeks I can get my first set of interviews posted and ship out a few hundred kg of green beans available for roasters and importers to buy as samples and home roaster types to buy up.

birght_java

I am actually off in three days to another couple of islands to interview potential sources and find out about the growing culture of a place that may be coming on the map as far as coffee goes in the next few years. We'll see how things go.