Greeting

benyo.o

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi i'm a coffee learner currently living in Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta region produced a very small quantity of coffee beetwen coffee producer region in Indonesia. Single origin coffee in Yogyakarta found in suroloyo peak and merapi. Hope i'm learning much more from this forum [emoji108]

Last edited by a moderator:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi i'm a coffee learner currently living in Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta region produced a very small quantity of coffee beetwen coffee producer region in Indonesia. Single origin coffee in Yogyakarta found in suroloyo peak and merapi. Hope i'm learning much more from this forum [emoji108]

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I have never heard of Yogyakarta region in Indonesia. it sounds very interesting.
can you give us more information on your coffee? profile, farm info, processing...etc.
appreciate it.

benyo.o

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I have never heard of Yogyakarta region in Indonesia. it sounds very interesting.
can you give us more information on your coffee? profile, farm info, processing...etc.
appreciate it.
Yogyakarta specificly Suroloyo is a village that produced coffee and tea. Located about 1100 MASL. They started plant coffee about 20 years ago. They plant robusta and arabica. The arabica variety is Linie S, and recently they plant Kartika variety. Due to unstable climate, they mainly proccessed coffee full wash. But if the weather is hot they produced small portion of natural and honey proccess. [emoji477]

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
thanks for quick reply.
if your elevation is only 1100, I do not think that your Arabica can be a high quality. It is just too low elevation for high grade Arabica (over 80 point).
also, you have mentioned that you might do Natural / Honey, however, I am guessing that your climate is very hot & HUMID which isn't good for Natural & Honey process due to over-fermentation.

Anyway, I am just assuming. I will appreciate it if you can tell us more about it.
thanks
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.

birght_java

Welcome, benyo.o.

Come to Salatiga some time and I will take you around to all my coffee people here. We have a couple of Q-Graders in town with lots of knowledge too.

benyo.o

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
thanks for quick reply.
if your elevation is only 1100, I do not think that your Arabica can be a high quality. It is just too low elevation for high grade Arabica (over 80 point).
also, you have mentioned that you might do Natural / Honey, however, I am guessing that your climate is very hot & HUMID which isn't good for Natural & Honey process due to over-fermentation.

Anyway, I am just assuming. I will appreciate it if you can tell us more about it.
thanks
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.
I do not have enough experience on cupping protocol and scoring, so i don't know what grade is the coffee. But yeah i think it is not have outstanding quality compared to specialty coffee.
The weather in the village is not too hot but indeed it is humid.

But i think the main point of good coffee culture is to appreciate local product. And i enjoy their coffee so it's all good [emoji1]

Hahaha

benyo.o

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Welcome, benyo.o.

Come to Salatiga some time and I will take you around to all my coffee people here. We have a couple of Q-Graders in town with lots of knowledge too.
Hello [emoji1]
Yeah if i have time i'm sure would visit salatiga.

Do you have phone contact or maybe social media? Love to have more friend in coffee business in my home country

Salam bro [emoji109] 🇲🇨