Hello from Houston

TEAMCOFFEE

Apr 24, 2017
Houston, Texas
Visit site
I am in the process to start importing coffee from my country, Colombia; Along with a million of questions that I am working now to resolve, I have one very important: according with the experience people in the forum may have in this business what is better: to import ground unroasted (green) coffee or roasting coffee?

Thanks for the help,

Claudia

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I am in the process to start importing coffee from my country, Colombia; Along with a million of questions that I am working now to resolve, I have one very important: according with the experience people in the forum may have in this business what is better: to import ground unroasted (green) coffee or roasting coffee?

Thanks for the help,

Claudia
hi Claudia. do you want to import "ground" green coffee? probably you meant to say "just green coffee" right? ha ha ha.
anyway, 99.9999% of beans imported from overseas to USA are green coffee, not roasted coffee. I know some Guatemala green bean exporters (because I am one of them) who has office in USA and imports roasted their own beans for sales and being successful. so, that is also possible if you can make the quick turn around, but I do not really recommend due to very short shelf life.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
If you are working both ends, you need an exporter's license from Colombia too.

I just returned from beating someone up in Colombia (I mean price wise) ...... not that i beat them up so much as introduce them to reality.

TEAMCOFFEE

Apr 24, 2017
Houston, Texas
Visit site
Thanks for your comment! since I am new with terms I don't have very clear your comment about exporters roasted their own beans; Do you mean they import the green coffee and roast it here in the STATES?. To me importing the coffee already roasted seem easy but like I said I am a beginner in the business.

TEAMCOFFEE

Apr 24, 2017
Houston, Texas
Visit site
If you are working both ends, you need an exporter's license from Colombia too.

I just returned from beating someone up in Colombia (I mean price wise) ...... not that i beat them up so much as introduce them to reality.

Hi, mark thanks for your answer! we are working to get a farmers with all the permits, so in that way will be easy for me to import the coffee.

TEAMCOFFEE

Apr 24, 2017
Houston, Texas
Visit site
hi Claudia. do you want to import "ground" green coffee? probably you meant to say "just green coffee" right? ha ha ha.
anyway, 99.9999% of beans imported from overseas to USA are green coffee, not roasted coffee. I know some Guatemala green bean exporters (because I am one of them) who has office in USA and imports roasted their own beans for sales and being successful. so, that is also possible if you can make the quick turn around, but I do not really recommend due to very short shelf life.

Thanks for your comment! since I am new with terms I don't have very clear your comment about exporters roasted their own beans; Do you mean they import the green coffee and roast it here in the STATES?. To me importing the coffee already roasted seem easy but like I said I am a beginner in the business

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Thanks for your comment! since I am new with terms I don't have very clear your comment about exporters roasted their own beans; Do you mean they import the green coffee and roast it here in the STATES?. To me importing the coffee already roasted seem easy but like I said I am a beginner in the business
please do some more research via this forum and google. then, you will understand more. if you have any specific questions, please let me know. I will try to help as much as I can. thanks
Alex from Ensoluna S.A.

Latest posts