Hello Everyone!

schendela

May 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello Everyone.
My name is Adam.
I have just recently gotten into coffee at a more advanced level than the standard person.
Just to list some of the ways I brew, I brew with a french press and cold brew, and cant forget the normal old school coffee pot.
I know, not very crazy. I just want to become more advanced and take this hobby to the next level.
I cant wait to talk with everyone on here!
Have a good day.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I just want to become more advanced and take this hobby to the next level.
I cant wait to talk with everyone on here!
Have a good day.
Next level? that is of course, visiting Coffee Origin countries!!!!! I am sure that you have not seen seen a coffee plant nor chew on a Yellow Bourbon ripe coffee cherry, right?! See the world, Experience where the coffee is coming from. THAT is the next level!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Well if you don't have the facilities/desire to roast or have time/money to travel there are some other ways to advance your coffee experience. If you have a nice burr grinder and are happy with your brewing methods I have to ask do you have a scale? Since I've started weighing my beans I find get a more consistent cup. Here is a short list of what I have done in the last 3/4 months.

• Only buy fresh beans that have a roasted on date
  • Bought a scale and goose neck kettle
  • Started using a Chemex
  • Joined this forum - there is a lot of good info here and if you can't find something all you have to do is ask.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Behmor 1600 for under 400 has proven to be great home roasters. They even do a nice job roasting cacao beans.
Curious as to your procedure to making FP coffee. Everyone seems to have a different way

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Next level? that is of course, visiting Coffee Origin countries!!!!! I am sure that you have not seen seen a coffee plant nor chew on a Yellow Bourbon ripe coffee cherry, right?! See the world, Experience where the coffee is coming from. THAT is the next level!

Thanks Alex...so you have to put THAT out there just to tease me right????????? Can't wait to go to Guatemala with you....such a beautiful country. And yes...I want to get sick on eating coffee cherries...lol...how many people do I know that can say THAT???

schendela

May 26, 2017
Visit site
Thank you everyone.
That is some great info. I appreciate it.
I think that is where I head to next is going more to an exact measurement, in order to get a better cup of coffee.
I was thinking roasting was the next step as well. I would like to combine them and just brew my own roasted coffee that way I know when the beans were roasted. As some of the research I have done is shown that 5 days after roast are the best.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Measurement is important. Many rules but the most common is 16:1. For a 20oz FP I use 591g H2O and 36g beans.
check out the Acaia scales. Great for home or commercial. A little pricey but they are worth it.

schendela

May 26, 2017
Visit site
Measurement is important. Many rules but the most common is 16:1. For a 20oz FP I use 591g H2O and 36g beans.
check out the Acaia scales. Great for home or commercial. A little pricey but they are worth it.
I appreciate the info. I looked into them and yes you are right they are pretty pricey.
I look forward to getting into measuring and getting a better cup of coffee, or a more consistent cup.