New to the Coffee world

starwalls

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello all.
I started roasting my own coffee for myself and a few friends. Yes, I started with the popcorn popper and not bad, Just bought a roaster still waiting for it to get here.
Still looking for a place to buy coffee beans, May look into starting up to sell in the northeast area.
Any and all advise is welcome...:-D:lol:

Last edited:

kathiefitzpatrick

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Starwall:

Coffee roasting is fun and fascinating. I studied it a bit, and have two articles for you. Hope you like these and get some fresh insights! On coffee beans I really like Camano Island certified organic coffee. website by the same name. Here you go on "freshest Beans.." --Kathie https://shopgourmetkitchen.com/freshest-beans-home-coffee-roasting/ On coffee roasters, I found some interesting facts and where to buy. check this out: https://shopgourmetkitchen.com/best-home-coffee-roasters/ Kathie from https://shopgourmetkitchen.com :razz:

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!!
I own a small historic lodge. We are open mainly in the summer months and we host some special events in the winter but it's pretty quiet. Everyone who comes here LOVES the coffee. I think it really has little to do with the coffee, as I buy it at Sams club... but we do fresh grind it everyday. I think the reason they love it is because we have an amazing atmosphere in the mountains by a creek and it's hard to beat that cup of coffee on our deck and the morning sun peaking over the canyon walls.
That being said, long story short, I have decided to learn how to roast coffee and make our own and offer it to our guests as a souvenir as they leave. We don't offer any other keepsakes for sale, so I think if we attach a special printed postcard it will sell like crazy.
I know very little right now about roasting, but I am willing to learn and excited too, as I love coffee myself and i'm ready to dive in on this off-season to come.
Any and all info anyone is willing to give me I would appreciate. I suppose - what size roaster to buy is a big one. Sometimes we brew a few lbs of coffee a day just for the morning breakfast... each morning all summer, plus we have a neighborhood around us, we could offer coffee to them for sale and to stop in to drink etc. Thoughts?

abeautifultaste

Mar 5, 2017
Arizona
Visit site
starwalls, welcome to the world of coffee. I'm new to the world too, well maybe one or two steps forward on my path but still really new.

Have you gotten your roaster, yet?

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hello all.
I started roasting my own coffee for myself and a few friends. Yes, I started with the popcorn popper and not bad, Just bought a roaster still waiting for it to get here.
Still looking for a place to buy coffee beans, May look into starting up to sell in the northeast area.
Any and all advise is welcome...:-D:lol:

If your looking for smaller quantities (sub 50lbs)... Sweet Marias / Theta Ridge / few others. Larger importer list can be found here: https://coffeecourses.com/green-coffee-importers/

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!
I own a small historic lodge. We are open mainly in the summer months and we host some special events in the winter but it's pretty quiet. Everyone who comes here LOVES the coffee. I think it really has little to do with the coffee, as I buy it at Sams club... but we do fresh grind it everyday. I think the reason they love it is because we have an amazing atmosphere in the mountains by a creek and it's hard to beat that cup of coffee on our deck and the morning sun peaking over the canyon walls.
That being said, long story short, I have decided to learn how to roast coffee and make our own and offer it to our guests as a souvenir as they leave. We don't offer any other keepsakes for sale, so I think if we attach a special printed postcard it will sell like crazy.
I know very little right now about roasting, but I am willing to learn and excited too, as I love coffee myself and i'm ready to dive in on this off-season to come.
Any and all info anyone is willing to give me I would appreciate. I suppose - what size roaster to buy is a big one. Sometimes we brew a few lbs of coffee a day just for the morning breakfast... each morning all summer, plus we have a neighborhood around us, we could offer coffee to them for sale and to stop in to drink etc. Thoughts?

I would suggest starting with a Behmor roaster... they are pretty much a push button roasters and fairly economical ($350).. the next step up is something like a Quest M3 or Hucky ($1000-1500).. then you get into micro commercial roaster Mill City Roasters 1K ($5000). On the Mill City 1K (2.2lbs) you will get 1.5/1.75lbs output per roast (takes approx 15-20 minutes to roast). The Behmor and smaller roasters have much less capacity. There is a lot to learn.. take a look at Sweet Marias website (green coffee supplier) and Kenneth Davis has a good intro to roasting book.

Yodit

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
Dear,
I can provide you two organic certifed grade one cofee beans.
I am confident you will love our coffee.
When you buy our coffee you are
helping the women coffee producers in
Ethiopia who are the producers and
harvesters of the coffee.
Everything is done by hand with great love.
Kind regards

starwalls

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello starwalls, welcome here.

it is great that you just bought a roaster. would you mind letting us know what kind of roaster you have bought? personal use? or for commercial?

thanks
I bought the fresh roast SR500 personal use only, having a lot of fun and never knew there were so many places that have coffee seeds...
Not too sure if it cost any less but the coffee sure is better,,

starwalls

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks and thank you for the links.
Having fun not sure if it's any less per cup but it sure does taste better, Never knew there were so many places that have coffee seeds....

Latest posts