Hello from Scotland

JohnLB

Dec 12, 2017
Scotland uk
Visit site
Hi,
Just like to say hello and ask a question.
I have somewhat overheated my Bialetti Moka Pot, the base is stainless steel, it has gone a nice golden colour but I can't see what damage it has done inside as the stainless has a different finish on it.
What I would like to know is, will there be any health concerns making coffee in it?
I forgot to put water in it, I have cleaned it and put loads of hot water through it.
I like the moka pot coffee, especially as I started to use a paper filter from my aeropress which takes out any grounds that get through the mesh and makes a really smooth coffee.
Regards,
John

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Hello,

I think you should be fine it just seems like you burnt the material since there was no water. You now have a unique Moka, if you are truly worried buy a new one they are relativity inexpensive. I wouldn't worry too much though.

JohnLB

Dec 12, 2017
Scotland uk
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I wil carry on using it. I was thinking of getting myself a Gaggia Classic 2017 but as my wife doesn't drink much coffee it will hardly be worth it.

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I wil carry on using it. I was thinking of getting myself a Gaggia Classic 2017 but as my wife doesn't drink much coffee it will hardly be worth it.

No worries, that's a nice machine especially for the price. Treat yourself if you will truly enjoy using it and spec-ing a taste profile. In life anything that interests & challenges you continuously is worth it in my opinion. We are not talking about a La Marzocco Linea Mini, that thing is AMAZING and a ton of $$$$$$.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! What part of Scotland are you in? I spent a lot of time in Dunoon as a child and teen. My wife is from Clyde Band and when we visited last I had a hard time finding coffee shops other than Costa and Starbucks. I am headed to England in a week and am excited that I found a roaster in Manchester...hopefully I can find it. Oh well Welcome!