From The Frosty Northeast - looking for a good online place to buy coffee

Navy guy here who like a good cup of Joe. Black. Over the years I have owned a few drip machines (unremarkable), French press, moka pot, keruig, and in the last year an aeropress (love it). I have a manual burr grinder (old model hario slim) that works for me. The aeropress and grinder come with me on all the underways and had caught on onboard. I buy my beans local and so far like single origin. I have gone from very dark roasts to recently med-light. I had a Mexico Oaxaca that really opened my eyes past Sumatra and other bold coffees. Iíve had a local Columbia that was nice and some Costa Rica as well. Right now Iím looking for a good online place that roasts and ships to compare my local stuff to. Well, hope to learn a bunch here and one day contribute where I can.

Seb
    Where are you located exactly? Welcome to the forum. I have the same setup for my trip (Aeropress with Hario slim) and love this convenient setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Where are you located exactly? Welcome to the forum. I have the same setup for my trip (Aeropress with Hario slim) and love this convenient setup.
    Norwich, Ct. Iím finding the lighter the roast the more of a right hand workout (the other workout, get your mind out of the gutter) I get. Do you know if they sell replacements burrs?

Seb
    Light roast with a manual grinder is very hard to grind, it even put a stress on most electric grinder. I do not think you can buy replacement burrs for the Hario mini as far as i know. This is a handy grinder but not a great grinder. There are many much higher quality hand grinder that you could choose to upgrade if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by sonarman81 View Post
    Do you know if they sell replacements burrs?
    Drop Hario USA a email - they should be able to help you on replacement burrs. Espresso Parts out of Seattle may carry them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Drop Hario USA a email - they should be able to help you on replacement burrs. Espresso Parts out of Seattle may carry them as well.
    Thanks. Iíve had it for about 4 years and think they may be wearing down.

Welcome, my office usto be in Greenwich, had a few associates from Norwalk in the office. With no 95 traffic its and easy ride but its rare there isn't any traffic on 95 lol. Zumbachs Gourmet Coffee in New Canaan CT isn't far form you and they have a nice variation of different regions, not sure if you have been there before or not (not light/medium roasts typically I will note).

P.S. When I left the house today it felt like I didn't need a jacket compared to the last few weeks. When I saw the actual temperature gauge in the car read 31 I was amazed how warm it felt lol.
    Last edited by JoeConiglioArmenia; 01-09-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeConiglioArmenia View Post
    P.S. When I left the house today it felt like I didn't need a jacket compared to the last few weeks. When I saw the actual temperature gauge in the car read 31 I was amazed how warm it felt lol.
    wow... NY is at 31F this morning? that is pretty warm as you said.

In Quetzaltenango, Guatemala where I work, it is -4 C. (same as 25F) Isn't it amazing how some city in Guatemala (very close to equator) can be even colder than NYC??? LOL

In case you are wondering, Guatemala city in Guatemala's latitude is 15.7North.
    and NYC is at 40.7 North.
    that is a huge difference.

however, NYC is almost at Sea level, but Quetzaltenango is at 8000 feet high. (now there is a real huge difference)
    Last edited by ensoluna; 01-09-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Amazing the variations in climate as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    wow... NY is at 31F this morning? that is pretty warm as you said.

In Quetzaltenango, Guatemala where I work, it is -4 C. (same as 25F) Isn't it amazing how some city in Guatemala (very close to equator) can be even colder than NYC??? LOL

In case you are wondering, Guatemala city in Guatemala's latitude is 15.7North.
    and NYC is at 40.7 North.
    that is a huge difference.

however, NYC is almost at Sea level, but Quetzaltenango is at 8000 feet high. (now there is a real huge difference)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links