Good Morning From Angry Sloth Coffee Company

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I am going to be ordering one of your shirts tomorrow. They look great! I noticed you only offer 2 different coffees..and you are sold out. Are you roasting your own or buying from a roastery?

AngrySlothCoffee

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure how to quote multiple people in one post so I'll just answer directly!

PinkRose: Yes! I'm Costa Rican-born and I have extensive family in Costa Rica involved in agriculture, education, construction, lots of businesses all over the place. The Costa Rican population is tiny but mighty, and a lot of really great stuff comes from Costa Rica. The sloth ties in through the animal itself, and the Angry is kind of a play on the fact that sloths don't typically do much. We felt like it fit with coffee really well and we have had a lot of feedback from people who enjoy the logo.

Topher: Thanks! The shirt I'm wearing, the Working Class screen-printed shirt, was actually done here in Florence, SC. The rest of them are done by Printful DTG. As we grow, the shift will bring more shirts on hand screen printed and eventually cut out the DTG drop shipped shirts.

We offer 4 total coffees, there are still some Motor Oil and Corcovado coffees available if you are still interested. I'm too new to link it. :-(

Presently, the coffee is contract roasted through a friend and fellow combat veteran in Georgia that has the facility and capability to roast, but we were recently approved by the Department of Health to begin roasting locally so that will happen in the coming months. I'm in love with business and development, and combining my lifelong obsession (addiction) to coffee is beautiful to me. I'm also presently an active duty combat operations soldier assigned to the Army's recruiting command, so the interesting union between civilian and military life has been a fun ride for me.

Dan: Welcome to you too! Thanks brother!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well congrats on your success! Have you looked into any roasters for yourself yet? I would be happy to talk to you on my experience. I will send you a PM with my info.

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Angry Sloth Coffee, I love the name! Good luck with the company, the site looks great. As you evolve into roasting you will learn a ton, take Topher's advice as I believe he has been roasting for many years.

marceloquiros1

Jun 13, 2018
Visit site
Hey angryslothcoffee, I am also from Costa Rica, living in Dallas almost all my live..are you importing coffee from CR? I am setting up a company to import coffee from Colombia (small amount, 50 kl per month or a little more). any tips would be appreciate it..Is it better to bring cafe verde than roasted?