Greetings from Indonesia

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello im Abdul..
I fell in love with coffee recently after I gave up sugar in purpose of healthier lifestyle..

When I tried my regular mainstream coffee suddenly it tasted bad without sugar..
Weirdly bitter and unnatural.. Lol

Then I tried other coffee... Watching youtube videos about coffee..
And trying fresh coffee..

And then I fell in love and excited to everything about coffee..

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
I haven't tried many coffee varieties so I'm still a noob..
But I do love coffee from near my village..
It's an area near an ancient volcano that erupted hundreds years ago so the area surrounding it is very fertile..
Farmers planted coffee aside from other crops..
But they plantation is still underdevelop..
I am thinking if making this a bussiness..

I love the idea of people from other countries can also enjoy this coffee..
The Volcano Roast Coffee... Lol..

That would be a wonderful name..

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm from East Java near mount Bromo..
The earthquake didn't happen in my area.. Only heavily in lombok to the island of Bali..

It's bad what happened in there..

Thank you so much for the concern..

Where do you from?

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Wonderful...

Glad to meet you here...

Right now im still learning the basics of coffee..

I'm planning on doing business in coffee..
Collecting coffee from local farmers..
But i still don't have a good effective idea on how to sell it

What would be best for me to do?

Would open to any suggestions...

Thanks

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
There is much involved with selling coffee from origin, but don't let that stop you. I think right now you are in a learning phase, do much research and read as much as you can about anything coffee. Seems like you want to export green coffee, right? You need to make sure the coffee you plan to export is priced properly based on quality. You need to know variations of quality like the back of your hand. Start to read and self educate on cupping and coffee profiles. You need to find trustworthy people from A-Z, the coffee business is a very tight community and companies are built on trust and consistency. There is much that goes into it, more than you can ever imagine. I am being vague on purpose, you need to learn yourself or have a trustworthy mentor. If your serious and persistent, we would love to track your progress vi the forums.

Good Luck & God Bless!

Mr.Sm1th

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
There is much involved with selling coffee from origin, but don't let that stop you. I think right now you are in a learning phase, do much research and read as much as you can about anything coffee. Seems like you want to export green coffee, right? You need to make sure the coffee you plan to export is priced properly based on quality. You need to know variations of quality like the back of your hand. Start to read and self educate on cupping and coffee profiles. You need to find trustworthy people from A-Z, the coffee business is a very tight community and companies are built on trust and consistency. There is much that goes into it, more than you can ever imagine. I am being vague on purpose, you need to learn yourself or have a trustworthy mentor. If your serious and persistent, we would love to track your progress vi the forums.

Good Luck & God Bless!
You don't know how much I appreciate this advice..

Especially coming from you Joe..

I am in the learning phase..
On how to determine the quality of coffee..

And yes you are right that I do need a mentor for this..
That is exactly why I joined this forum...
To reach out to people who are coffee expert and having them share their knowledge and experiences in coffee.

Thank you so much Joe..

Any advice on how i should aproach this matter?