Troy Truong, A Barista From San Diego, CA

datroy96

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
Hello, my name is Troy Truong

I am 22 years old and I am a coffee professional. By professional, I mean I am committed to the industry as I continue to work in it. I hope to one day start my own company. I've been a barista for 3 years and have worked in a French Bakery cafe, 7 Specialty Coffee Shops, and at Starbucks (for 8 months).

I currently run a podcast with 4 of my coffee friends in San Diego, CA. It's called SproCast. You can find it on the Apple Podcast App or Soundcloud.

I hope you all are doing what you love and having a mild ride in life. Take care. :coffeecup:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome Troy! This is a great forum with some great people. Glad you love the industry so much....as do I! Are you ever going to try and start to learn to roast...that is if you haven't already?

datroy96

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
Humbled by your Message

Welcome Troy! This is a great forum with some great people. Glad you love the industry so much....as do I! Are you ever going to try and start to learn to roast...that is if you haven't already?

I work for a company called Bird Rock Coffee Roasters. I am in an environment where there is access to learning through the connection we have internally. I do have a general knowledge of roasting (mostly theoretical and observation). I also have many friends who do roast and are professionals in the coffee game. I am just really committed as a barista because I believe in people so much, it’s the only way I am succeeding in this industry. My journey starts to bloom and begin and again like a different pour-over. New experiences and endless cups of coffee.

- @onbar_ ☕️