Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    there is expire date on every pack of coffee but one thing i want to mention here dont use open coffee bag after 2 months because the taste and color both are totally changed

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Preheat your oven to 400F, spread your leftover coffee beans on a pan and put in the oven for 5 minutes. Take out and cool them fast. Now they are as good as new. Wasting food is an evil sin.
    Thanks for this authentic information.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithjohn89 View Post
    Thanks for this authentic information.
    IMO this is terrible advice... once you roast carbon half-life takes over and the coffee starts to degrade. There is no way to 'refresh' coffee.

If taste is your concern, your best bet is to store coffee in an airtight container somewhere cool, dry, and dark. Stored this way, ground coffee can be used for a few months past its expiration date, whole bean for up to nine months, and instant coffee for up to twenty years.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRivo View Post
    , and instant coffee for up to twenty years.

Up to 20 years??? Did you read that some place on the Internet??

This discussion is so subjective it has me laughing one second, and cringing the next. Oh MY!! Too many variable to have a generic discussion. All I know for sure is that if someone is given a bag of coffee with a roast date on it and no other information...it would be impossible to know if the brewed beverage is even drinkable. A case in point. I was in Guatemala with my good friend Alex (BIC). Alex took me to a bakery one morning for breakfast...Xelapan. Amazing aromas and baked goods just screaming to be consumed with a good cup of coffee. I recall having been interrupted by Alex while ordering coffee. Alex said, "You don't want to do that Doug!" "Why not?" I asked. "Because it is very bad coffee...really, really bad coffee." "How bad?" I asked. He then explained that in most of the restaurants in Guatemala, the coffee is brewed from defective beans removed during processing of greens for export...or at least a fair percentage of the "blend" was such. I decided that I had to experience this for myself...yes, it's kinda like getting punched in the gut, but at least you can speak from experience about how it feels, or tastes in this case. Knowing expiration dates or even roast dates alone will not provide an answer as to the experience one will have with the brew. That's all I'm going to say about that..lol!

Everything that's expired is expired, I'd not dare roast such coffee beans

Quote Originally Posted by BlumKram1 View Post
    Everything that's expired is expired, I'd not dare roast such coffee beans
    I'm not sure what this means. Coffee beans do not come with expiration dates. Well sorted high quality specialty grade coffee, stored in poor conditions, may develop off tastes early due to mold or co-mingled spices. So many variables to arrive at a good end product (beverage), that a bean may be useless before it has staled due to age. Also, who determines expiration? If it is the average coffee drinker, count me out...lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links