Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149
Results 1,481 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: Introductions

  1. #1481
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    Hey, I'm Jesse
    Just getting started to launch a coffee distribution company. I've been in the business for 10 years and yup you guessed it...I'm a coffee lover.

  2. #1482
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Central Java, Indonesia
    Posts
    12
    Greetings all;

    I am Troy and for the past year I have been living in Central Java. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

    My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.

  3. #1483
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by birght_java View Post
    Greetings all;

    I am Troy and for the past year I have been living in Central Java. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

    My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.
    Welcome. Unfortunately I have never been to Central Java area. Been to Jakarta few times and Surabaya only one time. But never been to Semarang.
    So, can you tell us exactly what is so great about Central Java coffee? Love to hear your comments on your coffees. thanks

  4. #1484
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Central Java, Indonesia
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Welcome. Unfortunately I have never been to Central Java area. Been to Jakarta few times and Surabaya only one time. But never been to Semarang.
    So, can you tell us exactly what is so great about Central Java coffee? Love to hear your comments on your coffees. thanks


    Semarang is not that nice, you are missing nothing. But then neither is Jakarta or Surabaya in my opinion. Yogyakarta and Surakarta are places to visit when you travel here.

    What I think makes these coffees stand out is the amazing things some small holders are doing. I met a guy growing yellow caturra on a few hectares. Unfortunately his output is only 90kg a year. I have also run into other small holders who are doing good things with their processing.

    I am not sure how long it will take me to get enough contacts to put together a container of these small lots. I have worked with an exporter who is sourcing other coffees from places you may have heard of though. Here are some cupping notes of some of the more noteworthy offerings

    K12/001 Bali Kintamani 84.80 7.75 7.75 7.5 Citrus acidity, full body, some cocoa but slightly muddy finish
    K12/002 Wonosobo 83.90 7.75 7.75 7.25 Very strong, intense raw onion flavour. ?Typical for type
    K12/003 Garut 84.80 8 7.5 7.5 Beautiful aroma, in cup distinct citrus, raw cocoa, slightly green finish.
    K12/004 Aceh Gayo 82.10 7.5 7.5 7 Good body but rather old and muddy.
    K12/005 Toraja Sapan 85.70 8 7.5 7.75 Lime and tropical fruits. Good intesnity and complexity.

  5. #1485
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    1
    Hello! I am Jimbo and I drink coffee. No, really... I found this site by searching Bucaramanga region small batch coffees. After a quick browse it seems like like-minded people dwell here. I am passionate about the bean and am presently assembling the means and equipment to home roast. I do mostly pour-overs/Clever dripper/Chemex but also enjoy a lovely espresso occasionally.

  6. #1486
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,057
    Welcome Jimbo! I used to roast in Jacksonville and I believe there is a new member opening a new roastery soon in your area...I will find out where and let you know.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  7. #1487
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Hi! Starting a small company and am looking for a KCUP/pod packager. Ideally someone who can seal them and put them in our boxes.

    Thanks!

  8. #1488
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    Lisa from Culture Craft Coffee in California. Taking over and trying to do a "reboot" on the store. There has been no inventory control. They have ShopKeep which seems ok. I want to track everything including syrups. I am now trying to get all the items into ShopKeep so we can do an inventory count. Anyone else tracking "raw goods" to see how much syrups, etc. they go through or is that a losing battle?

  9. #1489
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18

    Tracking raw goods

    Quote Originally Posted by CultureCafe View Post
    Lisa from Culture Craft Coffee in California. Taking over and trying to do a "reboot" on the store. There has been no inventory control. They have ShopKeep which seems ok. I want to track everything including syrups. I am now trying to get all the items into ShopKeep so we can do an inventory count. Anyone else tracking "raw goods" to see how much syrups, etc. they go through or is that a losing battle?
    No it is not a losing battle in fact the better you track your goods the better it is.
    Having control of your inventory knowing how much each drink costs and how much profit you are making allows you to have control. It is very important to know your costs so you can see
    How you are going to be able to pay yourself your staff and your bills.
    I hope this helps.
    PeterCoffee

 

 
Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Introductions
    By marguerite in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 07:43 AM
  2. Industry Guys & Girls Introductions
    By CoffeeLover in forum Coffee Industry Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 09:50 AM

Search tags for this page

american coffee roasting machinery

,

chris crain delaware city

,
gano excel
,

how to introduce yourself in a short paragraph

,
introduce yourself in celebrity columne example
,
kogan coffee machine forum
,
riverisimo israel
,
short paragragh to introduce yourself
,
short paragraph to introduce myself
,

www.coffeemagic1.organogold.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.