Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149
Results 1,481 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: Introductions

Hey, I'm Jesse
    Just getting started to launch a coffee distribution company. I've been in the business for 10 years and yup you guessed it...I'm a coffee lover.

Greetings all;

I am Troy and for the past year I have been living in Central Java. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by birght_java View Post
    Greetings all;

I am Troy and for the past year I have been living in Central Java. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.
    Welcome. Unfortunately I have never been to Central Java area. Been to Jakarta few times and Surabaya only one time. But never been to Semarang.
    So, can you tell us exactly what is so great about Central Java coffee? Love to hear your comments on your coffees. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Welcome. Unfortunately I have never been to Central Java area. Been to Jakarta few times and Surabaya only one time. But never been to Semarang.
    So, can you tell us exactly what is so great about Central Java coffee? Love to hear your comments on your coffees. thanks

Semarang is not that nice, you are missing nothing. But then neither is Jakarta or Surabaya in my opinion. Yogyakarta and Surakarta are places to visit when you travel here.

What I think makes these coffees stand out is the amazing things some small holders are doing. I met a guy growing yellow caturra on a few hectares. Unfortunately his output is only 90kg a year. I have also run into other small holders who are doing good things with their processing.

I am not sure how long it will take me to get enough contacts to put together a container of these small lots. I have worked with an exporter who is sourcing other coffees from places you may have heard of though. Here are some cupping notes of some of the more noteworthy offerings

K12/001 Bali Kintamani 84.80 7.75 7.75 7.5 Citrus acidity, full body, some cocoa but slightly muddy finish
    K12/002 Wonosobo 83.90 7.75 7.75 7.25 Very strong, intense raw onion flavour. ?Typical for type
    K12/003 Garut 84.80 8 7.5 7.5 Beautiful aroma, in cup distinct citrus, raw cocoa, slightly green finish.
    K12/004 Aceh Gayo 82.10 7.5 7.5 7 Good body but rather old and muddy.
    K12/005 Toraja Sapan 85.70 8 7.5 7.75 Lime and tropical fruits. Good intesnity and complexity.

Hello! I am Jimbo and I drink coffee. No, really... I found this site by searching Bucaramanga region small batch coffees. After a quick browse it seems like like-minded people dwell here. I am passionate about the bean and am presently assembling the means and equipment to home roast. I do mostly pour-overs/Clever dripper/Chemex but also enjoy a lovely espresso occasionally.

Super Moderator
    Welcome Jimbo! I used to roast in Jacksonville and I believe there is a new member opening a new roastery soon in your area...I will find out where and let you know.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Hi! Starting a small company and am looking for a KCUP/pod packager. Ideally someone who can seal them and put them in our boxes.

Thanks!

Lisa from Culture Craft Coffee in California. Taking over and trying to do a "reboot" on the store. There has been no inventory control. They have ShopKeep which seems ok. I want to track everything including syrups. I am now trying to get all the items into ShopKeep so we can do an inventory count. Anyone else tracking "raw goods" to see how much syrups, etc. they go through or is that a losing battle?

Tracking raw goods

Quote Originally Posted by CultureCafe View Post
    Lisa from Culture Craft Coffee in California. Taking over and trying to do a "reboot" on the store. There has been no inventory control. They have ShopKeep which seems ok. I want to track everything including syrups. I am now trying to get all the items into ShopKeep so we can do an inventory count. Anyone else tracking "raw goods" to see how much syrups, etc. they go through or is that a losing battle?
    No it is not a losing battle in fact the better you track your goods the better it is.
    Having control of your inventory knowing how much each drink costs and how much profit you are making allows you to have control. It is very important to know your costs so you can see
    How you are going to be able to pay yourself your staff and your bills.
    I hope this helps.
    PeterCoffee

Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links