Page 153 of 158 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1575

Thread: Introductions

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Just now, Lee Lapid emailed be like below

Hi Alex: I found your info on the coffee forum.
    Above is a photo of coffee that a friend in Nicaragua is attempting to sell in the States.
    What questions should I ask him so that I can pitch it intelligently to Ö.. I donít even know who Ö..
    Thanks for your time.

here are some questions that you need to ask.
    1. complete farm info if he has a farm of his own.
    2. but if he is a middle man who representing farms, also he need to provide farm information.
    3. complete coffee information. what type of coffee, varietals, process..etc
    4. how much he is producing...
    5. when is export period and which month customers need to visit him in Nicaragua to cup and buy the coffee.
    6. how much coffee available for sales.

However, if your friend is trying to sell the packaged coffee (either ground or roasted coffee) from Nicaragua to USA, 99.999% it will not work at all. the best bet is to sell Green beans. Not roasted or ground beans.

also, selling coffee really needs a lot of information, education of your own, understanding of coffee process...etc. because you wouldn't be able to answer questions from your potential customers.

good luck.
    Alex from Ensoluna SA
    Hi

By way of an introduction (sorry I had to actually read through this thread to see whether I'd introduced myself).

Can you clarify what you mean by this (the part in bold above)? I have a coffee business, and we export Colombian speciality coffees to Europe, we roast at source and fly the next working day after roasting. No green beans sitting in warehouses for months or cooking at the bottom of a stack of shipping containers - don't know whether what ensoluna is saying is specific to a certain bean or country but it all works very well for us in Europe - and the Far East.

Anyway, hi to everyone, hope to contribute.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Colombia View Post
    Hi

By way of an introduction (sorry I had to actually read through this thread to see whether I'd introduced myself).

Can you clarify what you mean by this (the part in bold above)? I have a coffee business, and we export Colombian speciality coffees to Europe, we roast at source and fly the next working day after roasting. No green beans sitting in warehouses for months or cooking at the bottom of a stack of shipping containers - don't know whether what ensoluna is saying is specific to a certain bean or country but it all works very well for us in Europe - and the Far East.

Anyway, hi to everyone, hope to contribute.
    yes, you are in a way correct. green bean exportation of the world or in Colombia is not 99.999%.

after reading your posting, I read cover to cover "coffee report".
    actually, Last year the world ratio ratio between green coffee export vs roasted/ground coffee export is (drum-roll please....) 96.845% (green bean) vs 3.155% (roasted/ground beans)
    last year, world wise, 110,845,000 bags (69kgs) of green beans were exported, compared to 3,498,000 roasted/grounds.

BUT

in the case of Colombia, my initial figure came out very close... not close enough for my standard (yes, my standard is pretty high :+), but it was very close.
    last year, Colombia exported 12,250,000 bags of green beans vs. 90,000 bags of roasted/grounds.
    so, that ratio is 99.99266% (green beans) vs 0.0073469% (roasted/grounds).

So, I guess that I was DARN close on my guess.
    by the way, if you want to receive the coffee report, I have it in pdf. I can email it to you, if you wish. just let me know your email address.

thanks
    Alex from Ensoluna S.A.
    Last edited by ensoluna; 10-02-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks ensoluna

I guess it's me, but I'm still not sure, I thought you were saying that exporting ground coffee didn't work - or maybe I still don't get it? Either way, my email is info@exportcoffees.com, I'd appreciate the report.

Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Colombia View Post
    Thanks ensoluna

I guess it's me, but I'm still not sure, I thought you were saying that exporting ground coffee didn't work - or maybe I still don't get it? Either way, my email is info@exportcoffees.com, I'd appreciate the report.

Thanks
    if you can export "ground coffee", that is great for you. However, for me, from Guatemala, I have never seen anyone who is exporting ground coffee to overseas.
    again, if you want to export ground coffee or if you can export ground coffee, absolutely no problem. do your best and export ground coffee.

I will email you the report now.
    thanks

Thank you very much for the report. You can indeed export ground coffee, I do it every week. What you need is a market where speciality coffees are required and also a market where there is disposable income. We roast and sell to coffee shops where they don't have roasting facilities or don't want the expense of roasting, and also to people who buy online, maybe one or two bags as presents or they have a subscription.

We also develop coffees for hotels and restaurants, obviously they don't roast and another big part of our market is office buildings. The profits are greater if you buy green (we export green too) but a speciality coffee, roasted on the farm and flown the next day is as fresh as it can be.

Thanks again for the report.

Hey...I am Preston (aka HisTreeNut). I am a Husband, Dad, food service guy, foodie, love my coffee, and want to start home roasting. Love to open a coffee shop someday...planning.
    Currently researching machines. I am not doing the popcorn popper, or convection oven hack, or roasting in a frying pan. I plan on buying a machine to start out.
    Oh yeah...I am a rebel too! lol Skipping the starter steps.
    Any suggestions as I research?

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Hello, My name is David and want to grow coffee and produce very high quality, small scale in the mountains of Dominican Republic. I have a small 5 acre property at 1200 masl located near Manabao, La Vega province in the north and a larger 42 acre property in Rancho Arriba, San Jose de Ocoa, that ranges from about 900 to 1000masl. I am just learning about coffee and all the info i can get. I have loads of questions and concerns , especially with respect to varieties and how to best start this proyect.. I have had a lot of trouble trying to get accurate infromation from local government coffee institute CODOCAFE . I am interested in growing it organically and in shade and the idea is to grow and eventually produce my own coffee.

Hello.. i'm Ash im from california. im a coffee lover.

Hello to everyone.

My name is farmguy and I am a caffeine addict. I did not know I was one until my daughter was born and then I found something to curb my cravings.
    .....on a lighter note, many years of drinking coffee, I started home roasting 5/6 years ago and I found a new level of taste and flavor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
    Hello to everyone.

My name is farmguy and I am a caffeine addict. I did not know I was one until my daughter was born and then I found something to curb my cravings.
    .....on a lighter note, many years of drinking coffee, I started home roasting 5/6 years ago and I found a new level of taste and flavor.
    hi, your real name is farmguy? LOL. (by the way, my real name is Alex and my forum user name is "ensoluna" which is same as my company name in Guatemala). anyway, how do you roast your own coffee? what roasting machine do you use? also do you buy your green beans from local roasters? or from internet sales?

Page 153 of 158 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links