Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155
Results 1,541 to 1,549 of 1549

Thread: Introductions

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    good having you here! Sunday is a hump day for coffee forum, so I would love to hear your very first & educational "coffee knowledge that you have acquired over the years".

welcome Ron! 199? is there any meaning to it?
    Sunday is usually more like a day of rest on the Coffee Forum. But, it looks like you are managing to keep things active today.

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    I do not think that Rio carnival can represent Brazil's culture. as I know, Brazil is even more mixing pot of different races, so I am certain that you have incredible varieties of different cultures.

by the way, any of us would love to visit brazil to visit your farm or experience different cultures, however, it take over a month to get a visa (as USA citizen) and it costs around $500.00 to get it, not to mention very expensive fair fair. I am just hoping that someone up there should get rid of the visa to get into your country.

thanks and welcome to forum.
    Hi,

You're right about brazilian culture. It's not just about carnival but we have a lot of difference in our culture. As an example in a south of Brazil there are many europeans like Germans and Italians. Carnival is only a part of our culture and many people know because the news and media.

I didn't know about the visa price. For me is $200 to get a USA visa. But all of you are invited to come to our farm when have the opportunity to know my country. Usually we receive a lot of foreign people to see the coffee harvesting and all the process.

See you.

welcome to all the new members, I am also a newbie here.

I am tanya from chennai. I love coffee which made me to join this forum. I love people who are crazy for coffee. Lets explore more on it.

Hello, my name is Chuck from Mississippi. I am looking for a Coffee Roaster/Production Manager that has a great knowledge of coffee, processes, roasting, packaging and more to work with us at our coffee service. I don't know if this is a good place to find someone, but I do want to find the best candidates. If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can certainly talk. Experience in the coffee industry is required. - Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you on this forum.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenoaCoffee View Post
    Hello, my name is Chuck from Mississippi. I am looking for a Coffee Roaster/Production Manager that has a great knowledge of coffee, processes, roasting, packaging and more to work with us at our coffee service. I don't know if this is a good place to find someone, but I do want to find the best candidates. If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can certainly talk. Experience in the coffee industry is required. - Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you on this forum.
    Hello Chuck,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

It would be better if you could create a new thread in the Business to Business Forum (B2B) and explain that you are looking for a Coffee Roaster/Production Manager. Sometimes, our members skip over the introductions and don't bother to read them. It would be a shame if your post here in this thread gets lost in the shuffle.

You will have a netter chance of grabbing people's attention, if you create a separate thread here: http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/bu...-business-b2b/

Rose

Hello,

I have not yet introduced myself to the group. I have been a home roaster for a little over 6 years. I live in the Northeast, have a happy marriage, 3 beautiful little girls, and I have decided this year (after many requests from fellow coffee drinkers who love my roasts) to launch my own roasting business.

I am a salesman who is sick of making money for others. I failed at launching a startup company 3 years ago (an app), but I also have success by becoming president of a failing 501c3 by creating a half-marathon where runners raced against a turn of the century steam train in 2017 that raised over $13,000 for a local non-profit (of which I did not see a dime from being 100% volunteer). steamtrainhalf.com

Like the beans that I buy, I am rather "green" to the world of owning a roasting business. Nonetheless, I am diligently studying business plans of other roasters, and drafting a detailed business plan of my own. Failure is not an option.

There is a local group that is opening a local coffee shop in my town that I will be aligning myself with right out of the gates. They are a non-profit that will employ intellectually disabled employees. As part of my business plan, I am also seeking to employ disabled individuals when I get to a point of hiring others. I have many years experience coaching for the Special Olympics, and know exactly who I would like to hire. This being said, I am not going the route of registering as a non-profit because I know from running one for 3 years that this is not the route to take.

So to any of you who bother reading this, hello. And if any of you are independently wealthy and are looking to gift a Diedrich 12K roaster to someone based off of a long boring introduction on a coffee forum... I will humbly accept your generous gift.

No really... I mean, I am presently shopping around for a "previously enjoyed" roaster... but if you said, "Matt, I am in Seattle/California/etc. You can have this one for free and I will write it off as a gift or something. Can you be here by Saturday?" I would rent a U-Haul and would start driving across the entire country from Connecticut tomorrow. Depending on U-Haul availability. Just throwin' that out there!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreenBean View Post

So to any of you who bother reading this, hello. And if any of you are independently wealthy and are looking to gift a Diedrich 12K roaster to someone based off of a long boring introduction on a coffee forum... I will humbly accept your generous gift.

No really... I mean, I am presently shopping around for a "previously enjoyed" roaster... but if you said, "Matt, I am in Seattle/California/etc. You can have this one for free and I will write it off as a gift or something. Can you be here by Saturday?" I would rent a U-Haul and would start driving across the entire country from Connecticut tomorrow. Depending on U-Haul availability. Just throwin' that out there!
    Hello Mr. GreenBean,

After reading your introduction, I know, if I were independently wealthy, I would buy you a spankin' brand new Diedrich 12K roaster as a gift for writing such a fine introduction. Unfortunately, I'm not independently wealthy, but I can dream, can't I ??

I have strong feeling that you will always find a way to succeed - no matter what you decide to do.

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hello Mr. GreenBean,

After reading your introduction, I know, if I were independently wealthy, I would buy you a spankin' brand new Diedrich 12K roaster as a gift for writing such a fine introduction. Unfortunately, I'm not independently wealthy, but I can dream, can't I ??

I have strong feeling that you will always find a way to succeed - no matter what you decide to do.

Rose
    HA! Thanks Rose. With that being said.. does anyone know of a "trust-fund kid forum" where that message would glean better results?

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links