Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Hi there,
    I am an artist, I love to paint with ...COFFEE! I'm here because I'm a coffee lover, too.
    So, I'd like to hear more about coffee and to share some tips about painting with coffee. Maybe it will be useful for all to add a new topic in feature areas Coffee Painting.
    Introductions-et-4.jpg
    Glad to find you through Google.

Hey ya'll!
    I'm Jennifer, we are from Tennessee. We have a Keurig, and before that I didn't drink coffee....well not very much. *gasp* LOL
    But now I drink too much I think! =P
    I found you all because I need fellow coffee lovers to help us win a contest. My husband and son worked on creating a video about coffee beans for a contest to win a Xoom tablet. =P

Hi -- I'm Dave and I'm from Toronto Canada. After many years of making do, a good friend gave us a grinder for Christmas. It was a KitchenAid. It turned into a milling machine, and has partially destroyed itself. It certainly destroys the beans I grind; they have metal particles throughout.
    I really like the coffee that I made before this happened. (Melitta drip process--I'm old but have much to learn.)

So I would like to grind my own beans and make drinkable, no, I mean Good Coffee.

Should I find a way to repair the KitchenAid?
    Should I buy a new grinder?

I am here to learn.

Best,
    DaveL

Hello everyone,
    I came to this forum looking for ways make better coffee and also to share how I make coffee. However I was disappointed with the rule on a minimum 5 posts before posting pictures. I was writing on a way of recycling nespresso capsules and I was going to show a picture of the capsule but I couldn't. Anyways I like this site since it has a lot of info on coffee and I enjoy coffee very much.

Quote Originally Posted by 2mnycars View Post
    It was a KitchenAid. It turned into a milling machine,
    Dave, welcome. A coffee 'mill' is what you are after. Perhaps you are making a 'machinists' reference about the self destruction. Curious how that could have happened. I dont think I could even adjust my K.A. grinder past fine to 'self destruct mode'.

...Should I find a way to repair the KitchenAid?
    Yes. I also have a good Kitchen Aide grinder. At one point it needed a part, I searched online, got the part, put it back together and 'Bob's your uncle'.
    We use this grinder for our general use beans.

Should I buy a new grinder?
    I would consider that. Try the Hario Mini or the ....forget the name of the other. These are both hand mills and are great for grinding small batches or brewing on the road/vacation.

I am here to learn.
    Me too. I am exploring different brew methods and am looking toward roasting now as well. So much to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by 123coffee View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Greetings and welcome.

I came to this forum looking for ways make better coffee and also to share how I make coffee.
    Your experience will be welcomed.

However I was disappointed with the rule on a minimum 5 posts before posting pictures.
    Perhaps be disappointed with the nefarious characters that like to spam forums and post garbage on there one and only post. I for one am glad that the forum owner has decided to set minimums to establish a better 'community'.
    The more forums you join, you will see a variety of measures to reduce spam, some are extreme. 5 posts is not a lifetime.

I was writing on a way of recycling nespresso capsules
    Interesting.

and I was going to show a picture of the capsule but I couldn't.
    What is the time limit to 'edit' a post? Perhaps you can return and add the pictures. (?) You might also consider submitting the write up to the forum owner and perhaps it can be posted for you?
    I appreciate the effort made to do things like this and know others will too.

Anyways I like this site since it has a lot of info on coffee and I enjoy coffee very much.
    Amen !
    Everyday, make steps to be the greatness you see in yourself.

CJevens I really enjoyed the Kichenaid mill. It is discontinued now. I ground on the medium setting for drip (Melitta) coffee filters. I couldn't find parts although I searched. Now it produces small metal chips very well. Dave

Hi All,

Answer to Mark AKA AM and Based in Brisbane (Australia)

LOVES other than coffee:

1: BMW boxers in particular the RS100 sports series (Had to sell all to afford kids - So kids initials are BMW (That way I still have one and 1/2)
    2: Beach fishing and 4x4 driving
    3: Online gaming (currently a TOG and AGB member)
    4: IT (but also love to hate it )
    5: Wife.. Upgraditis is not an issue any more (3rd time I got it right - Quality is so hard to asses these days )
    6: Other cultures and reading - when I get time.
    7: Cold chain management - Blood and Vaccines

Coffee:

1: Always liked the bush tea and cold salted lamb on damper, I got as a kid and on occasions a special treat of coffee.
    2: As a waiter, was exposed to lots of poor Quality Drip here in Australia some 30 years ago..
    3: My current wife is Sicilian and thus many years of family here and in Italy has exposed me to lots of so called local methods.
    4: In Miami in the USA (about 15 years ago), had my first real GOD moment with some Cuban black gold... Problem was I drank the whole container, that was in fact meant as 10 shots - for the class...

Where to now:

1: To be semi retired ASAP
    2: More formal involvement in the coffee industry...
    3: To enjoy life more
    4: To be more attentive to my wife

Now where did I put my coffee

Have way to many machines, grinders and home roast, but always feel the need to find out more.

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself and my small plan for things to come!
    Coffee has been a part of my life for sometime, and it wasn't until recently that I decided to take matters into my own hands and stop slinging coffee and start serving coffee! My plans include adding what I can to the universe of caffein that has been growing and growing for decades now. I turn to these forums to hopefully enlist the wisdom and insight of those that may experience things a bit differently than me, or can provide their own words and metaphors to describe what they're experiencing! I hope to add what I can, when I can, but for now, a simple 'hi' is all I can afford, and some replies to other threads!

Let the experience begin.

Administrator
    Welcome to everyone who recently joined us!

Hello I have a Coffee Kiosk and I need a home for it in the Atlanta area. I have been trying for two years and I need a location fast. I wanted to network with others that may be in the business and can offer some tips to get this major part of my business done.

Fe La Rue

Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links