Hello and Woot ! Just took my first cup...

Duzzi

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Great forum and I have been lurking now for a while. Starting roasting 32 hours ago and just tried my first cup (couldn't wait any longer even though it is 8 pm so I probably will have trouble getting to sleep)... I recently bought a Burr mill and a West Bend Poppery I (the old one) from Ebay. Beans are CCM ('Kenya AA Fancy').

Earlier I bought some Jamaican Blue "Type" roasted beans from 'Amazon' and the flavor was incredible. Awaiting an order from Sweet Maria's with several green beans for drip and an espresso blend.

I watched a ton of informative youtube videos prior to first roast, etc. and have read a lot of info (from here and other places).

Still a n00b at this but I love coffee and have never tasted it until this week, I think. I can't wait for the mornings now to get up and prepare me and my wife a cup of coffee "with care and excellence" - so to speak. Looking forward to learning more and appreciate all of your help.

Thanks all,
Duzzi

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "Duzzi "

Welcome to the Coffee Forums! I'm glad you found us and that you decided to join us instead of just lurking. It's great to hear when someone discovers the joy of home coffee roasting. It sounds like you're hooked!

Again, welcome, and we hope you'll visit us often.

Rose