Hello from Maryland

FrederickCoffee

Dec 15, 2010
Frederick, MD
Visit site
Hey folks, Glad to be here, I've found this forum rather helpful as I become more involved in coffee roasting. Started about two years ago on a Poppery II and moved on to a Behmor as I learn more about roasting. Right now I roast just for myself, friends, and family under the name Frederick Coffee Roasters. Loving every chance I get to roast!

Long term I'd love to be in a position to run a side business supplying local restaurants and direct to consumers. Hopefully in the market for a full size roaster in the next two years after I get a garage built; in the meantime I'm just experimenting with different beans and leaning as much as I can through books, forums, and practice.

Thanks folks for openly sharing your wisdom on this board. I'm looking forward to many conversations.

Best Regards,
Daniel from Frederick

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Good luck with your future business! I would definitely take some classes if you get a chance to on "commercial" roasting. It is a totally different animal than home roasting. It can be done but can be a bit frustrating with out guidance :wink:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the Coffee Forum website!

Please feel free to share your experiences with coffee roasting with us. If you have any specific questions, post them to this forum, and it's very likely that someone will have an answer or suggestion for you.

Again, welcome!

Rose