When did you first start drinking coffee?

bob1974

Mar 30, 2011
Georgetown, Texas
Visit site
I first started drinking coffee w/ my Grand Dad when I was probably 4 or 5. I thought the he hung the moon, so any thing he did, I wanted to do. I'm sure those first cups of coffee were more milk than coffee but that's my memory.
Cheers

alphawave7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
When the Chemex first came out (what early 70's?). The smell of that was just too much to pass up as a kid growing up, and was the first 'real' coffee (not Maxwell House,etc.) I'd had. Moved on to french press, but just never became an addiction until espresso in the late 90's.

edit: whoa! Chemex started in the 50's! Okay, 'when my family first started using the Chemex in the early 70's...' :p

Last edited:

coffeedistributor

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Prior to last year I never dranked a cup of coffee ever. My father approached me one day with a specialty coffee originated from asia, he stated that this was a healthy coffee. Now to me that seemed like an oxy-moron because health and coffee in the same sentence just didn't mix. Let me say this when I dranked that cup of coffee it was so amazing it gave me the outmost natural energy without the caffeine crash or jitters, and since then I've been hooked.