It started so simply...

MrPlatypus

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
just a double mocha in Seattle. Then another the next night because I didn't know where to go that night. Then questing for it when I got back home, only finding one coffee shop that came close to getting it right, and they got bought out, and finally went out of business.

I don't think I'll ever be able to find coffee as good as the stuff I found at the Last Exit in Seattle's U District almost 20 years ago, but it doesn't mean I'm not on the quest! I'm actually not very mocha oriented these days (well, not as often), but tend to drink this coffee called Raven's Brew (yes, they have various roasts), and that has been my love beverage lately. Every time I've tried to drink something other than special roasted, imported, or quality, I find myself with a nice stomach ache. It's almost as though domestic swill is way too acidic for me now that I'm in my mid-30's.

My favorite method would definitely have to be a freshly ground something in a French Press. Had espresso, drips, and just about everything in between, outside of those single cup things. But I'm definitely all for the French Press.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Have a feeling I have a lot of people to meet, and a lot of coffee to drink. I'm going to be busy, so more coffee for me. :-D

Best,
Christopher

alphawave7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Howdy Christopher! :D

Your story is quite familiar! It was 'specialty' roasted coffee (Peet's before 'the expansion') that turned me on to coffee, then espresso, and turned it into a daily habit for me...to this day I don't consider myself a 'coffee drinker' because America has/had a certain definition of 'drinking coffee'. Thankfully, enthusiasts continue to push the boundaries of what it is to 'drink coffee'..but I still cannot go to a restaurant and order a coffee..it just never occurs to me! LOL! Welcome to CoffeeForums!