Starting a new life,,, again.

mvfdcowboy

Hello everyone,

I am looking into the next phase of my life, and have found a possible enterprise with a small town Wisconsin coffee shop. It looks to be something that my wife can operate until I return home in a couple of years.

I have been reading some of the posts on the forums, and it has raised a few questions. Most I have found answers for, but one seems to elude me.

Shop traffic. I understand location plays a huge role in the amount of customers through the door, and given the current location and surrounding area, this will be more of a gathering place for middle age to elderly people during the typical business hours, with high flow commuter traffic in the early (0400-0700) morning hours.

Now looking at what my mainstay customer base is, how do you effectively make money of off the town gossips/ loungers during the slow parts of the day? Sell buy the pot/ carafe? New cup every time? I am not sure that will go over very well, and word of mouth is everything in my area.

Please don't get me wrong, I like the small town atmosphere, the (customer) company, and iced coffee to the kids in the afternoon (school is just down the street) will have the mid afternoon ok. Our hours of operation will be 0400-1600 (4am-4pm) Mon-Sat, and 0700-1200 on Sundays.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jimbo

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any info on your question, but good luck in Afghanistan, if that is where you are going for a couple years.