Hello from Happy Cup!

magista

Nov 28, 2011
Portland, OR
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I work for a company out of Portland, OR that work for has provided recreational and job development services for adults with disabilities for the past 12 years. We have a few little micro-enterprises that allow our clients to work and earn a wage (not sub-minimum); Flower Farm, Tech Street, Janitorial Crew, and a coffee shop that is open to the public.

Recently we decided to start roasting our own beans. Out of this idea the Happy Cup Coffee Roasting Company was born. You'll have to google it since I can't post links yet. We are tremendously excited to be able to offer ethically sourced, high quality and Kosher beans roasted for and by adults with disabilities. Our clients help us out with various aspects of the business. All proceeds go directly back into programs for the disabled and into their pockets in the form of a paycheck.

We have been roasting for about 1 1/2 months at this point. We sell online and are working on selling to grocery stores and other organizations. Currently we have the capacity to roast 4k lbs of beans per month and can expand if need be.

I was happy to find this forum and am glad to have it as a resource. We are learning as we go (although we do have an experienced roaster working with us) and are excited to create an increased awareness around people with disabilities through our coffee.

Damian
Director Full Life/Happy Cup Coffee Roasting